Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Making NiMh packs

Old 05-14-2003, 07:13 PM
Razor_Sharp
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making NiMh packs

Hello,

I want to make some flight packs with some 700 mah AAA NiMh I have. My question is what do I use to connect the batteries to each other? I used Battery Bars I bought from my LHS for my car packs with Sub-c cells. Could I use short pieces of wire or is there a better choice?

Thanks,
Gregg
Old 05-14-2003, 07:19 PM
jacs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi

When ever I solder my own battery pack I use ordinary household cable those 1.5mm2 cabels that you use for ex. a lamp.

I strip them of the shield protection and flood it with soldering, then rubb the ends of the battery with sandgrinder (I think it's called this) and put on some solderingled. Stacks batteries like I want them and only solder two at time (othervise shortcut).

Just my 2 cents
Old 05-17-2003, 08:44 AM
LuckyArmpit

I've made up many of these types of packs for slow and park flyer use. Go to radio shack. By the soldering section, get some desoldering braid. This is thin copper braid that wicks up very well. Use this stuff for terminal to terminal connection. And its cheap to boot!

Dave....
Old 05-17-2003, 10:00 AM
rscamp

Originally posted by LuckyArmpit
I've made up many of these types of packs for slow and park flyer use. Go to radio shack. By the soldering section, get some desoldering braid. This is thin copper braid that wicks up very well. Use this stuff for terminal to terminal connection. And its cheap to boot!

Dave....
Yes. This is the way to go. You can get it in many different sizes to suit the job. Make sure you tin the braid liberally in advance as any exposed copper will corrode.

Rob