Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Sanyo li-ion

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 04:10 AM
jessemxt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sanyo li-ion

I got a battery pack brand new for 10.00 it has 10 cells I think they are 2300mah but I don't know should I make a couple packs or just sell it on ebay? Is it even worth it to try will they have good punch for a brushless rc18t?

I cant put pics up for some reason but the cells are red. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0070921x00003a this the battery
Old 11-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Sanyo li-ion

Li Ions are good for low drain apps,(even that is debatable) nowhere as good as Lipoly or A123s, as far as current handling ability.
The Lions used buy some in RC apps usually can handle 3-8 amps max in burst for a few seconds.
Shelf life of a couple of years if well treated, starts the day they were made!!
I managed a whopping year out of mine as reciever packs before I switched to A123s.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:50 PM
jessemxt

So 20.volt cordless drills dont pull high amps?
Old 12-08-2008, 09:43 AM
soarhead-RCU

Jesse:
Seems like there was a guy over on RCG that popped open a pack of these and pulled 15-20 amps from them. Was just a one time sort of post and I dont remember if it was sucsesful or how long the pack lived for him. Might do a search over there. Nothing seems to perform as good as the A123 types though or Im sure they would be found out by someone....

Good Luck
Bob