Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

operation time for a 7.2v battery

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

operation time for a 7.2v battery

Old 12-26-2008, 05:50 PM
bonana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default operation time for a 7.2v battery

I purchased a 28" radio controlled boat for my husband for Christmas. It is a cheap NKOK Hydrosonic High Speed Racing Boat. It performed pretty well (although it was not constantly smooth) for around 10-15 minutes. It has a 7.2v battery that we charged for the full 8 hour initial charge required in the manual. It requires a 5 hour charge in the future. I called the company in CA this am and they said I could only expect 15 minutes of operation at top performance for each charge. Does this seem right??? It is the first r/c boat we have owned. Do the more expensive models last longer per charge??
Old 01-06-2009, 10:01 PM
1 Pitts Special 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: operation time for a 7.2v battery

They are correct. But you will not get the full 15 min.'s until it cycles through a few times. Some packs may take as many as 5 cycle times before it comes up to a full 15 minutes. Dont call it a CHEAP boat, the children used two on my neighbors pond for years and had a great time with them. Yes other types of boats are faster and some run longer, as you gain experience and knowledge you will decide which way you want to go with boating. Maybe gas power, or electric fun boats, deep vees, no mater just enjoy what you have for now. You may decide not want to go on into it. See if you enjoy it just getting your feet wet for now. Also you can fast charge that type of battery in 15 minutes with the correct set up. No reason to wait that long to have fun. The batteries are not real expensive and you might get another, as well a charger for 15 min charge times will cost around $20. All the best