Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Intellipeak ICE - detecting cut-off voltage incorrectly during discharge?

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Intellipeak ICE - detecting cut-off voltage incorrectly during discharge?

Old 03-28-2009, 10:27 AM
somegeek
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intellipeak ICE - detecting cut-off voltage incorrectly during discharge?

I'm trying to discharge a 1650mAh NiMH 8-cell Tx pack and my Intellipeak ICE charger is hitting cut-off voltage detection even though it's nowhere near the minimum of .9V/cell.

What am I doing wrong here?

Appreciate any input.

somegeek
Old 03-28-2009, 11:13 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Intellipeak ICE - detecting cut-off voltage incorrectly during discharge?

If the cell count is 8 and the cut-off is .9 then it is probably hitting it so fast that the display can't keep up. Can you try reducing the rate to minimum if it hits it in less than a second.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:22 PM
somegeek

Default RE: Intellipeak ICE - detecting cut-off voltage incorrectly during discharge?

I'll give that a try - thanks!

somegeek
Old 03-28-2009, 05:57 PM
somegeek

Good call - dropping the discharge rate a bit allowed the discharge to continue properly vs dying prematurely due to too much of a load. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:08 AM
somegeek

Forgot to note. I didn't have luck with my Tx pack but did with some smaller packs with regards to dropping the discharge rate. I recalled reading a while back that the Futaba Transmitters have a diode on the charging circuit preventing discharge through the charging port. I removed the pack from the Tx and it's currently discharging. All good now.

somegeek