Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

How do I disassemble a Losi Lipo - Hard Case?

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

How do I disassemble a Losi Lipo - Hard Case?

Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 AM
y7deluxe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I disassemble a Losi Lipo - Hard Case?

I have an 5 cell losi pack that had a balancing wire disconnect internally. Losi and Horrizonhobby.com told me that they can't do anything to help. Does anybody know anything about how to disassemble these packs? Thanks.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about: [link]http://208.36.232.209/DSC018823.jpg[/link]
Old 06-28-2009, 02:07 AM
y7deluxe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do I disassemble a Losi Lipo - Hard Case?

I actually managed to do this. I wasn't able to find any other info about this on the net, so I'll share my experience here in case somebody else runs into this problem. Basically, Losi put a terrible solder on my battery pack. The green wire did not tear or rip or cut like I thought it did, it simply disconnected from one of the cells. After pulling the battery apart, I saw no signs of it ever actually being connected.

Anyhow, on to how I disassembled the pack. I would advise everybody not to do this, but if you're like me and you refuse to toss a perfectly good lipo pack, here's a little help with the Hard-cased lipo packs:

The outer hard plastic is just 2 pieces, as you can see by looking at it. Losi simply glues to two sides together. If you take a flat head screw driver and work your way around the pack, you can separate the two. You must be extremely careful and take your time. If you poke any of the lipo cells, it's game over. I did this inside, but I'd recommend doing it outside, just to be safe. I used a sharp flat-head screw driver that was designed for smaller applications. After separating the two plastic pieces, the rest is pretty self explanatory. I'd recommend wearing eye protection. When you're done fixing the battery pack back up, put the two plastic pieces back together, make sure you don't crimp any of your wires when doing so. And then follow the boarders of the pack with super glue.