Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Looking for a good charger...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Jester241

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good charger...

I just posted this in another forum,then noticed this forum,so maybe you guys can help too....

I'm a gas guy getting back into electrics. Were gonna be setting up a carpet oval track racing cars from bolink legends to hopefully some type of pan cars. My question is....I want to get a pretty good charger that will do all the stuff I need it to. I may want it to do some stuff chargers dont do,so just let me know if I'm asking stupid questions. I prefer it to be ac/dc,needs to charge 4-7 cell nicds,nimhs,and some lipos. I want it to quick charge as well as trickle. I'm not too familiar with "cycling" and stuff yet,but I want it to do this and whatever else may be recommended to make my batteries as competive as they can be I guess. I would also like it to be able to test my batteries to tell me which packs are better then others etc.(this may be where the cycling come in). It would be nice too if I could charge more then 1 battery at a time.

I used to race pan cars years ago,and some of the really good guys there would help me by letting use packs they new were good batteries and it really made a difference in the race. I want to be able to do what they were doing,lol. I'd like to spend $200 or less if possible. Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks...
Old 09-15-2009, 09:44 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Looking for a good charger...

The charging and cycling and dischaging is the easy part. Many chargers have those features. Most will be able to charge 2 packs at once if they are identical or are luipos with the same cell count. The testing is what may be over budget. I like this product http://www.westmountainradio.com/CBA.htm
Old 09-16-2009, 07:14 AM
grizzly59

Default RE: Looking for a good charger...

http://www.modelrec.com/search/product-view.asp?ID=1908

Great for Nimh and Nicads. I don't like it for Lipos. Charges two batteries, discharges one at a time and gives you mah's left in battery after a discharge