Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Eneloop Rx Packs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 03:53 PM
mike early

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eneloop Rx Packs?

Sounds like a good idea on paper.....

What do you boys think about eneloop Rx packs? either 4 or 5 cell varieties?
Charging them in series would cause any problems?
Can they handle the voltage drop of a standard digital servo without a brown-out on a spectrum receiver?

Old 03-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Eneloop Rx Packs?

Mike

Here is a [link=http://www.stefanv.com/electronics/sanyo_eneloop.html]nice review[/link] by Stefan Vorkoetter. Although he is probably best known for his MotoCalc program, he has a wide range of interest in electronics and aviation. One thing that I did notice reading the review is that a 4 cell eneloop pack averaged around 4.7v under discharge load which was slightly above a standard 4 cell NiMH pack.

Charging using a typical charger set for NiMH should be satisfactory.

andrew
Old 03-01-2010, 10:20 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Probably fine but check for A123 1100mah packs. 6.6 volts and voltage drop will be small. Need a LIFE charger though.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:08 PM
mike early

ORIGINAL: Andrew

Mike

Here is a [link=http://www.stefanv.com/electronics/sanyo_eneloop.html]nice review[/link] by Stefan Vorkoetter.
andrew
"With R/C model power batteries, the cells in those batteries have a very low internal resistance (typically about 0.004Ω per cell)....

With the approximately 0.1Ω resistance of the Eneloops....."

I believe this is the problem. My voltwatch pegs the red light with any movement of my servos. I will continue to cycle them a few times.....

Old 03-01-2010, 11:09 PM
mike early

ORIGINAL: 4*60

Probably fine but check for A123 1100mah packs. 6.6 volts and voltage drop will be small. Need a LIFE charger though.
I have the charger but I hate not knowing how much charge is left in my various planes' batteries. I suppose eventually, I will go this route....
Old 03-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Capt Lou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike:

If you havn't gone to this site www.hangtimes.com you should look at it. It has good info on A123 technology and batteries. This is NoBs batteries and I have met the guy at the WRAM show. He speializes in these batteries, is knowledgable about these batteries, and sells a quality product. The bottom line is that even if you can't get a reading on when the voltage is drops in A123's, you should be able to calculate the pack's capacity within a reasonable average of its discharge rate. I am not familiar with eneloop batteries but I have been using multiple A123 packs in several 50cc giant scales and think that it is great technology.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:04 AM
rcbatteries
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are a professional manufacturer of RC battery. which is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the production of Ni-MH, Lithium polymer batteries , all kinds of extension cable and adapter .Our products are mainly used for toys, model aircrafts, ship models, nautical models, electric tools, military products, and other fields.

We measure the parameters of each cell precisely and try to make the targets of cells the same. These lengthen the cycle life of Power battery effectively. Besides, we use special technology in matching which reduce the internal impedance between cells and make the efficiency to the maximum. The battery can be also fit for the discharge of high-current. The products have gained a good reputation for its excellent quality and high performance in the relevant fields. Especially the newly launched Race Series <chmetcnv tcsc="0" numbertype="1" negative="False" hasspace="False" sourcevalue="35" unitname="C">35C</chmetcnv> Continuous Discharge Rate of high power lithium polymer batteries. Its introduction into the market has been widely recognized. Our products sales volumes are risen sharply.

Our company now launches the G4 packs, they are our latest products which have higher performance and more reasonable price. The G4 packs are made of a new Hybrid construction technology, super-fine substrate materials, and final cell matching process, which all guarantee you not only this superb performance, but also tightly balanced and long-lasting packs. The batteries can be safely charged up to <chmetcnv tcsc="0" numbertype="1" negative="False" hasspace="False" sourcevalue="5" unitname="C">5C</chmetcnv> rate, which means the charge will be completed in 20 minutes. They will be your best choice when you checked them out.

If you are interested we could sell them derict to you ,save trading and fast shipping!!For any inquiries please feel free to contact with me

Changchun Hobby-Tec Technology Co.,Ltd

Adds: 13# <place><city>Huiwen Road Nanguan District Changchun City Jilin Province</city> ,<country-region>China</country-region></place>

Telephone: +86-431-85367979

Fax:      +86-431-85369822

Website  : http://epbattery.en.alibaba.com

Skype on line epbatteryex

Msn [email protected]