Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Battery lead to short

Old 05-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Hellacool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery lead to short

Will a Traxxas male to female extender cause any issues? I just bought an e-revo and any battery on the right side is a shade short. I can get it plugged up but any crash will cause it to lose connection and the car stops. I don't want to cut up the ESC considering I just had the first one burn out and Traxxas covered it so I don't want to void the warranty. I could extend the batteries but that will force me to use the same battery on that side. Any suggestions? I can easily create a Traxxas extender if it doesn't cause any major issues.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:55 AM
hellomynameisdookie

Default RE: Battery lead to short

Go for it, it'll be ok. If you can, ditch the Tamiya style connectors, they're complete junk. Swap over to some Deans connectors and you won't go back.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Hellacool

ORIGINAL: hellomynameisdookie

Go for it, it'll be ok. If you can, ditch the Tamiya style connectors, they're complete junk. Swap over to some Deans connectors and you won't go back.
I don't use them, I am using the Traxxas HC connectors. I will build one today and see how it goes.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:26 AM
redfisher1974

I would just solder on longer wires to the pack.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Capt Lou

To prevent my battery connectors from disconnecting, I put a piece of heat shrink over them and, then, apply heat to get it nice and tight. I also do this on all my servo extension/connections. My next solution is to cut and solder extension wires. Although I have not tried this on any of my connectiosn, I have read in Model Aviation that dental floss tied tightly around a connection is also a good way to prevent connectors from loosening.