Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Anybody Try Tenergy Batteries? Great Price

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Anybody Try Tenergy Batteries? Great Price

Old 06-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Homebrewer
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody Try Tenergy Batteries? Great Price

Hi,
I just picked up a 2000 mah 9.6v transmitter battery for 14 bucks delivered $7.72 for battery another 6 bucks for shipping. This price can't be beat and I wonder if anybody else has experienced these batteries? When it comes in, I will cycle them and see how they perform. If I can get twice the flight time over my 700mah NICADs, I'll be happy!

http://www.all-battery.com/6v2000mah...ctor11106.aspx

http://www.all-battery.com/96v2000ma...pack11417.aspx

I purchased mine from Amazon dot com and they were cheaper.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:22 PM
SKYHI1

Default RE: Anybody Try Tenergy Batteries? Great Price

I bought some 4.8v Nimh batteries from him on his ebay store last year. Good price, and good service. I love the batteries.
Very good stuff.

Good luck
Frank
Old 06-10-2010, 07:10 AM
jester_s1

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I haven't used them for flight packs, but I built a starter pack last year out of them. I can see a difference in quality between them and the Sanyo cells, primarily in holding a charge. The Tenergys started self discharging fairly early, indicating to me a weak seperator material or just substandard construction. If the packs you bought are soldered instead of welded that's a big potential failure point too in a flight battery.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:11 AM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Hope you have good luck with them. My experiance was batteries that only delivered half the rated capicity when new on my Ace digipace. My other battery packs delivered full rated capicity on the same device. One '2600' mil pack only delivered 350 mah less than 6 months later. When I complained to customer service it took forever for them to reply and then was just to cycle them and return the bad ones. After checking all 84 of them the 'warrenty time had run out so I was screwed. I just checked a '2600' pack the other day and it only delivered 380ma, less than 9 months later. Save your money, get Sanyos.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:43 PM
nx113

I would strongly recommend AGAINST buying anything from Tenergy. I have lots of batteries for different RC's and 2 out of the 6 tenergy packs I own are junk ( never charged fully and cannot hold a charge right out of the package.) I have emailed their technical support 3 times in 2 months and have left 2 voicemails. I have heard NOTHING back. The low price is meaningless when you have dead packs and a company that will not replace them.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:37 PM
racelikustolit3k
My Feedback: (73)

I have been using them in all my small glow planes and they work pretty well.. I had a lipo go bad in my 88" EF yak and put in a 2300mah 6.v and flew the rest of the day and it held up to 5 5955tg's just fine.. I guess I got lucky

RACE
Old 06-15-2010, 04:56 PM
nx113

Update on my Tenergy issue with packs that were dead on arrival. After leaving a detailed voicemail with my email address I was contacted by someone from Tenergy. The email sounded reassuring. I provided the item numbers of the products that I owned and explained the issue regarding the defective packs. Once I did this, customer service ceased to contact me again. It is going on three months and after several emails and two phone calls I am still left with no replacements or any attempt by Tenergy to correct the matter. There are a lot of other battery manufacturers out there and I strongly recommend avoiding any tenergy products.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:10 PM
jester_s1

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

That's why I alwasy use a credit card instead of Paypal when ordering from a vendor I don't know. If something is wrong you dispute the charge within 60 and keep records of your communications with the vendor and you don't have to pay.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:32 PM
guys2nv

Junk-they'll be good for acouple charges and then they'll dump in under 5mins-i learned my lesson awhile ago-same with allbattery-those to battery companys r junk-try hobbypartz.com or hobbyking.com for cheap but good lipos.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:11 PM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

I just picked up four 5-cell 2000 mah packs at the LHS. I am currently running them through
3 charge/discharge cycles to determine the final capacity. Should complete sometime tomorrow
afternoon. If they look good there I will fly them this weekend. LHS has sold quite a few of these
in the last few weeks and as yet has had zero bring-backs or reported problems.

Dan
Old 07-14-2010, 09:23 PM
nx113

Their Lipo packs are garbage as well. Two guys at the track had their leads break off the first day that they ran the 2S hard case Lipos. Worst part is that they were purchased for over 120 dollars at the local hobby shops.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:38 PM

i purchased 2 4000mah lipos a few months back and have had great results. seem just as good as any other lipos i have.