RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Batteries & Chargers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/batteries-chargers-84/)
-   -   turnigy accucell-6 how to resume charing? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/batteries-chargers-84/8285610-turnigy-accucell-6-how-resume-charing.html)

HeliStyle 12-26-2008 08:58 PM

turnigy accucell-6 how to resume charing?

On the turnigy accucell 6, I hit the stop buttom by mistake when it was in the middle of a discharge, is there a way to resume a discharge or charge from where it was, or can you just start it all over again and it will start off on whatever is left on the pack?

thanks in advance

F4U Corsair 12-27-2008 10:24 AM

RE: turnigy accucell-6 how to resume charing?

I did the same thing a few nights ago, just read/record your discharged mA's when you stop, and then start over. I didn't see in the instructions where you could resume charge/discharge after stopping and still get the full readout.

flyrc100 02-14-2009 05:07 PM

I just got a Turnigy 6 myself, but am struggling with the safety timer. Its set at 120 minutes, and I cannot change it for the life of me. The directions say just press + or- but all that does is jump you to the next menu. 120 minutes is not near enought time to charge a big battery.

Also, is there a chart out there that tells you what charge and discharge rates you should use for different size and types of batteries? My old Hobbico Accucycle was just press and go, no guessing. This Turnigy job requires alot of programming.

86waterpumper 02-14-2009 06:22 PM

I have a accucel 6 also, and I love it. I havent had any of the issues with sticky buttons or loud fans that I read about others having so maybe they are getting some bugs worked out of these. As far as the stop start during a charge, no charger can effectively resume in the middle where it left off. The reason is, nothing is a absolute with a battery. For instance, I can use a stick pack discharger, or the turnigy or whatever to discharge one of my packs, and even though it brings it down to the set cutoff, if you set the battery around a few minutes and hook it back up you will find that it reads out a higher voltage. The battery has "recovered" a tad so to speak. Same with charging, the voltage is going to sag back down a bit after it's off the charger, so it's going to start at a lower voltage, but all the settings such as mv or amps ought to be saved anyway. To change the 120 safety timer, use the start button to change the feature that is selected not the arrow keys. I not only turned off the 120 timer but also the 5000 mah limit, since when slow charging overnight you always end up putting 150 percent in, so it goes way over on say a 4600 battery. For charge rates you can charge at anything you want to as long as it's not over 1c in otherwords for a 4500 mah battery don't exceed 4.5 etc. You ought to be able to discharge anything at the max since all it will do is 1 amp on that part. I've discharged aa cells at the 1 amp max. Anyway here is a download pdf for the manual if that helps anyone..

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...CEL_manual.pdf

alcarafa 02-14-2009 11:17 PM

I JUST BOUGHT THE TURNIGY ACCUCEL 6 CHARGER, THINK IS GOOD SO FAR.

IS THERE ANOTHER THREAD IN RCUNIVERSE ABOUT IT AND SOME OTHER PEOPLE EXPERIENCE, USING IT ?

I READ ON HC FORUM THERE ARE HIDDEN MENUS YOU CAN ACCES TO, BUT THEY'R NOT IN THE MANUAL.

THIS THREAD COULD BECOME THE "OFFICIAL" ACCUCEL 6 THREAD, ONLY HELISTYLE SHOULD CHANGE THE NAME OF THE THREAD, SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA TO YOU ?

flyrc100 02-15-2009 12:00 AM

Waterpumpers reply gave me hope, but when I put the menu on the saftey timer menu I hit the start button per his instructions. It just jumped to another menu. tried it several times. Maybe there is something wrong with it?

86waterpumper 02-15-2009 12:44 PM

Here is a huge thread on the accucel that I found awhile back if it helps anyone.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886698
On the safety timer I just went and changed mine to make sure of the procedure. Here is exactly what you do. You get to the safety timer screen, on the left you will see on and off, and on the right you will see 120 min. You must hit the start button and get the on word blinking. If the character isn't blinking you cannot change it! Then you change it with the arrow keys from on to off etc. Also you can get the 120 min blinking and set it to a different number. I simply turned mine off. If yours will not blink and will not change then yes I guess something is wrong with it, but it would be odd for everything else to work on the charger and not that. Who knows I guess these things are hit or miss but I am pleased with mine. Now my 2.4 ghz tx and rx I got from them not so much as I can't get it to bind haha

taildragger21 02-15-2009 10:48 PM

I got the same charger from fusion pack.. it is identical to the turnigy but says balance charger on it.. It is ten dollars more but it is sold in america and comes with a warranty.

flyrc100 02-16-2009 08:44 AM

I finally figured out the safety timer thing. I was trying to change it while I was charging. You have to be in programming mode to actually be able to edit. Now I can play with it and see how well it charges, etc. The timer cut everything short before.