Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Who owned a Cessna 182, please help me!!!

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Who owned a Cessna 182, please help me!!!

Old 07-19-2011, 04:47 PM
kid4l0ve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who owned a Cessna 182, please help me!!!

- An iron piece fell out of my airplane when I opened the box. I asked the seller about that and he reply to "glue into front nose with supplied glue .It's all the against the bottom of the fuselage against firewall inside Plane". I dont understand about that. So, can you help me locate exactly where it is on a picture? I'm so newbie >"<

-Another question is that it is hard to plug in and out the battery. So, how to turn it on and off regularly?
Thank you verymuch!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Who owned a Cessna 182, please help me!!!

It appears to be a weight of some kind.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:38 PM
OkadaKeisuke
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with Hill202. It is probably a weight used to balance the 182. It is most likely lead, which you may know is toxic. So use caution when handling it. As for where to mount it, I can't say for sure since I am unfamiliar with the plane. As for the battery, it probably needs to be unplugged after each use. Dont forget to turn your Tx on before plugging the battery in. Did it come with a manual? If so, read it through thoroughly. Maybe some other guys here can give you more incite on this particular model.

~Noah
Old 07-19-2011, 10:11 PM
cfircav8r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it is a lead weight and is used to balance the plane properly. Find the balance point in the instructions. If you dont have the instructions measure back from the leading edge 30% of the distance of the wing from the leading edge to the trailing edge and make a mark on both sides. With everything in place and the plane assembled ready for flight (do not plug the battery in, just have it placed where it goes) lift it using the tip of one finger on each side of the fuselage and lift the plane. It should balance slightly nose down to be correct. If it is tail down move the weight farther forward if it is more than about 5 degrees nose down move it back just a little. When you get it balanced properly glue it in place.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:21 AM
pdm52956

If I might suggest this, find someone in your area that is familiar with CG and ask for help. It's a great way to fly your plane more than once.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:39 AM
opjose

It also may not be a weight, but a magnet catch.

It would be nice to know which plane this actually is ( URL to the vendor's sales listing please???? )

Old 07-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Campy

ORIGINAL: kid4l0ve

- An iron piece fell out of my airplane when I opened the box. I asked the seller about that and he reply to ''glue into front nose with supplied glue .It's all the against the bottom of the fuselage against firewall inside Plane''. I dont understand about that. So, can you help me locate exactly where it is on a picture? I'm so newbie >''<

-Another question is that it is hard to plug in and out the battery. So, how to turn it on and off regularly?
Thank you verymuch!
If you look inside the nose of the plane, you will find a "cut out" in the foam for the battery. Once you find the cut out AND VERIFY THAT THE WEIGHT FITS IN IT, I suggest using 30 minute epoxy to secure the weight in place.

You will still need to balance the plane before flying it.

I suggest getting some of the lead weights sold by Tower. They can be broken off in 1/4 oz sections. I would not trust the adhesive on the weights - I use FOAM SAFE CA for securing the weights. The manual will provide the balance point.