Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Just getting started

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Just getting started

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 01:16 PM
CoytAW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just getting started

So, without any research or presence of mind, I went and bought a Parkzone Su-26xp and a DX5e transmitter. Flown it, loved it, wrecked it, loved it back into the air and learned how to land. Then I discovered MODE THREE! Being a lefty, mode 3 sounds like flying heaven (got mode 2 figured but it's not the same...). So does anyone know how I can get a DX5e m3 or (better yet) fix mine up into a mode 3?

P.S. Please, don't tell me I should have started with a trainer plane, as it is irrelevant and I have flown 1:1 since I was ten. I think I got elevons and enervators all figured out. [8D]
Old 10-08-2012, 01:33 PM
alan0899

Default RE: Just getting started

G'day Mate,
You should be able to fix your TX to work mode 3, it is only reverse mode 1, so you have to start with mode 1, so rudder & throttle is on right stick, ailerons & elevators on left stick, is that what you need?
if so just plug rudder into aileron slot & aileron into rudder slot on the Receiver.
Easy fixed.
By the way, what's an enervator? that's a new one on me, & I would like to know.
Cheers
Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 PM
CoytAW

Oh haha it's a joke my flight instructor used to pull on me and my classmates. Because I'm dyslexic he'd get me calling 'em elevons and enervators all day before telling me what's what. "en·er·vate Cause someone to feel drained of energy." I know what ailerons and elevators are. I thought it was a universal prank.

So you're saying that there's a little bit I can unplug and replug on the rx and it's simple as that? I keep seeing people fiddling with springs and crap on their tx's, which I guess would make it proper, but I didn't think it would be so simple as switching plugs...
Old 10-08-2012, 04:18 PM
alan0899

ORIGINAL: CoytAW

Oh haha it's a joke my flight instructor used to pull on me and my classmates. Because I'm dyslexic he'd get me calling 'em elevons and enervators all day before telling me what's what. ''en·er·vate Cause someone to feel drained of energy.'' I know what ailerons and elevators are. I thought it was a universal prank.

So you're saying that there's a little bit I can unplug and replug on the rx and it's simple as that? I keep seeing people fiddling with springs and crap on their tx's, which I guess would make it proper, but I didn't think it would be so simple as switching plugs...

G'day Mate,
Yeah if your TX is mode 1, it's only a matter of changing the servos plugs in the RX.
What mode do you fly now.

Cheers
Old 10-15-2012, 11:47 AM
CoytAW

Been flying mode 2 but it's not terribly comfortable. Missing 3 fingers on right hand and limited range of mobility on those fingers so articulation is primarily through the whole forearm. I can fly and land safely now, but I don't really like it. I imagine it's what flying would be like for you if you used a mode 3 and were holding a sippy cup in your left hand the whole time. If it's so simple then what the hell, I'll buy my Tx and make it work!

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:58 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CoytAW your transmitter already has mode 1&2 programmed in to it. Get out the instruction manual, it will show you how to switch it over between the two. Should be as simple as reversing a servo.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:07 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

You'll also need to replace the throttle ratchet with a spring for the gimbal and put the ratchet on the other side. I've never worked on a Dx5, but once you get in there it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.