Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Thanks Horizon Hobby

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Thanks Horizon Hobby

Old 08-29-2015, 02:48 PM
goirish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Horizon Hobby

My kitty knock my DX6 off the work bench and broke a switch. Sent it to Horizon Hobby for repair. 5 days later I had the tx with a new switch and a note saying they upgraded it to the latest version.
COST!!!! Zero, zilch.nothing. I will buy again from Horizon Hobby
Old 08-29-2015, 07:07 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job Horizon Hobby....but the important question is...Did you shoot the cat?
Old 08-30-2015, 07:01 AM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Larry don't be so insensitive about the the cat, it was probably just a misunderstanding, they probably shook hands and then he gave him an a ride in one of his giant airplanes,

That will show him not to mess with the man's toys
Old 08-30-2015, 07:40 AM
goirish

I did exactly that. Only problem was I didn't fully recover from the spin.C.A.T.R.I.P.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:37 AM
52larry52

Well done!
Old 08-30-2015, 01:43 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Lol
Old 08-31-2015, 11:30 AM
Charlie P.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had the same (or similar) thing happen to my hard use DX6i. One of our cats flew past as I had it on a stool beside an outlet charging and knocked it off so it landed on and snapped the mix/throttle hold switch off flush. %$&#%@$#$!

I found a source for a replacement Futaba switch and did it myself. Pretty proud of me! I was able to fly with a T pin masking taped to the housing for a week (it has to have downward pressure to lock the detent in place) while the switch came and generally avoiding the mix switch.

This poor 'ol thing has had the roller replaced (by me) and a switched backlight added (also by me) and just keeps being a great transmitter. I've used up all the model slots and have 10 models flying off mine - which is the main reason why I didn't want to send it back. Summer down-time.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:05 PM
52larry52

So Charlie, you didn't tell us the most important thing...............Did your kitty get to go for a nice little exciting airplane ride like goirish's kitty? Or did you just shoot him?
Old 08-31-2015, 03:28 PM
goirish

ooooooooooooooooooops. forgot about the nine lives. Guess I will have to take the kitty for another ride
Old 08-31-2015, 06:12 PM
Charlie P.

Nah. That's what they're for.

Dogs worship man, so God sent Cats to remind humans that we aren't so important; and neither are material possesions.

* Crash *, * tinkle *

https://youtu.be/oW9f04Dctz4

Last edited by Charlie P.; 08-31-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:51 PM
52larry52

Charlie, I will not again suggest shooting the cat as someone may take me seriously and call the SPCA on me. BYW your last line should have been....*CRASH*,*tinkle*, *BANG*
Old 08-31-2015, 07:55 PM
Charlie P.

We have five - one with three legs that was the sadest kitten you ever saw (chewed up and spit out by something!), one with epilepsy and another that was about chewed in half by a coyoye or dog. The local vets/SPEAK know we are idiots, er, soft touches and will take on "problem" cats. The best news is that they ask us AFTER the vets have voluntered their time to patch them back together. Two others were drop offs that we brought in (we have a small hobby farm and for some reason folks think we need to have kittens dropped off to starve near to death until they make it to the back porch).
Old 08-31-2015, 08:34 PM
52larry52

The theory behind people dropping cats off to a farm was to "keep the mice under control in the barn". Or, "Oh hell they are animal lovers and will adopt them". We too have always had cats and dogs in our family. When our daughters were kids and living with us it was standard operating procedure to have two cats and two dogs at the same time (no we didn't have a farm). Now we keep it to one dog at a time, but our oldest daughter's dog is coming to stay with us next week while she is on an international trip. So we will be back up to two dogs for a while. Our last two dogs have been "rescue" dogs, one a stray and one from the pound. Seems I always end up owning them BEFORE the vets do their thing and I get the bill !
Old 08-31-2015, 08:44 PM
52larry52

Now that I think about it, our last FOUR dogs have been "rescue dogs". Guess I am the "soft touch" for dogs as you are for cats.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:04 AM
goirish

We do live on a farm. Our last irish setter died and this is the first time in over 50 years that we have not had an irish setter in the home. I think we must have a sign somewhere on our property that says "drop your cats off here" "just don't have them fixed first" Most of them are outdoor cats until the snow flys. Went flying this morning and didn't take the kitty with me. According to kitty he has 8 lives left. That would run me out of planes.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:27 AM
Charlie P.

Well, since the thread was Horizon - and cats. I unboxed my new Carbon Z Cub (year ago) and was programming the transmitter. The CZC has a battery compartment under a hatch - which is a big wedge of foam that occupies the place of part of the engine hood and the windscreen. I had set that beside me on top of the shipping carton. Our cats love boxes and they always help inspect the shipping cartons.

Things were moving along swimmingly until I noticed a little "crunch, crunch, crunch" sound beside me. There's Mooch, going to town with his molars well into the foam of the battery hatch. Grag frangen farbin gromick!!

Happily white glue mixed with shredded Kleenex and a overlay of waxed paper . . . followed by some Testors Acryl gray paint and it is undetectable . . . almost. If I ever get around to a little video camera I now have a place to mount it.

Thank you, Horizon/Flyzone, for selling small sub-components to your models.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:11 PM
hairy46

Horizon is a great place to buy!
Old 09-01-2015, 07:00 PM
tevans55

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie P. View Post
Happily white glue mixed with shredded Kleenex and a overlay of waxed paper . . . followed by some Testors Acryl gray paint and it is undetectable . . . almost. If I ever get around to a little video camera I now have a place to mount it.
Are we talking the plane or the cat?
Old 09-01-2015, 07:31 PM
Charlie P.

I don't wanna hear it.

You're lucky after what you did that we're not getting images of where you've been.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	saffy_edited-1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	2117784  
Old 09-07-2015, 11:45 AM
GBLynden

Nice!