Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
SIG Field Box - NO Power Panel >

SIG Field Box - NO Power Panel

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

SIG Field Box - NO Power Panel

Old 04-20-2021, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIG Field Box - NO Power Panel

So I bought a SIG field box and it doesn't come with a power panel and they don't even sell them. So now I have this big hole in my box that I'll need to fill in. Is there anyplace that would sell such a power panel or anyone have some suggestions where I can purchase individual parts to create my own power panel?

I'm a little more than upset that they would sell the box with out a power panel. I would not be so upset if they would have at least let the customer know they are not available. Instead all of their product pages display the power panel so I assumed I would be able to get one. This is like an arrow in the knee and I will now always look at SIG products with suspicion as I feel I've been duped.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:31 AM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I just cut a piece of thin ply and covered it with monocote for mine. I have wired it two ways. First way was to just run two bolts through the ply. One + and one -. Then just used clips on the starter and fuel pump. The second was was to mount two sets of the female banana clip into the ply and put a set of each of the male on the starter and fuel pump.
the second way is safer but both worked perfectly. I never ran the glow plug off of the power panel as I used a battery powered glow driver.

David
Old 04-20-2021, 04:16 PM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Hakchuma
So I bought a SIG field box and it doesn't come with a power panel and they don't even sell them. So now I have this big hole in my box that I'll need to fill in. Is there anyplace that would sell such a power panel or anyone have some suggestions where I can purchase individual parts to create my own power panel?

I'm a little more than upset that they would sell the box with out a power panel. I would not be so upset if they would have at least let the customer know they are not available. Instead all of their product pages display the power panel so I assumed I would be able to get one. This is like an arrow in the knee and I will now always look at SIG products with suspicion as I feel I've been duped.
https://www.radicalrc.com/category/Power-Panels-268

Listed as in stock at Radical RC for $21.99

The standard disclaimer;

I have no affiliation with Radical RC other than buying several RC model airplane products from them with no issues.......