Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Aeroscout s2 will barely roll left

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Aeroscout s2 will barely roll left

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 05:54 PM
BowToMyAeroScout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroscout s2 will barely roll left

This is my first plane. I got it about a year ago, flew it several times over the summer, then put it away until about a month ago. Until now, I've never had any issues with it.

I take off and land in my yard, and then fly over a field that I live next too. The edge of my yard has become my runway and is about 75 feet long. There are power lines at one end, and trees at the other. So to land, I have to fly in perpendicular to the runway, and then roll at the last moment. Unfurtionately, it was when I REALLY needed to roll left that I discovered that I barely can. Almost hit myself, and then my garage, and then a tree, until finally crash landing in my garden.

Somehow my plane was fine. I then looked it over, and here's what's driving me crazy: the ailerons work fine on the ground!

​​​I've flown 2 more time, almost destroying the plane both times, and had the same issue. It's throwing both ailerons the same amount. I took my wing off and put it back on, and also unplugged my aileron servos and plugged them back in. As a last ditch effort, I changed my radios batteries thinking maybe something was wrong there.

Everything seems to be fine though! I don't get it. Why would it be fine on the ground, and then barely roll in the air?

I thought maybe Newton was screwing me over with his blasted 3rd law (thought maybe the motor had come loose and wasn't offset correctly anymore), but the direction the prop rotates would help it roll left, not prevent it.

It Rolls right just fine, but it'll only roll left about 1/3 as much.

Any ideas or troubleshooting tips are appreciated. I don't know what I'm doing
​​​​

​​​

Old 07-02-2022, 07:52 AM
jaka54

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Seems like the wing is twisted! -One wing has more angle of attack at the tip then the other! This is called "washout"!
Old 07-02-2022, 12:28 PM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which mode are you flying it in. Could be a problem with the SAFE system.
Old 07-06-2022, 05:49 PM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Check that both wing servos are secure. If one has broken loose a ground check could look OK but under air load not move the same amount.
also answer what mode position you are in?
Old 11-30-2023, 10:34 AM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what safe mode are you in ?
Old 12-07-2023, 08:30 AM
jaka54

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Have you balanced it in axial direction?? And have you checked if there are any warps in the wing ...as i suggested a year ago?
Old 03-02-2024, 02:14 PM
LLRCFlyer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

What transmitter are you using? DXe or DXs? If something else, then try setting channel 7 (switch D) to the 100% position. Channel 7 is theoretically not used on the AeroScout, but with my DX8-GS, channel 7 must be at 100% travel or else my elevator travel is restricted to beginner safe mode... don't know why. So I changed my transmitter Switch D settings to 100% for each of the three positions.