Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

"How to" videos

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

"How to" videos

Old 02-23-2004, 08:26 AM
sugarfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "How to" videos

A person can walk into just about any hardware store (Lowes, HQ, etc) and find videos on "how to" projects, i.e. wall paper job, plumbing, window installations, etc., etc.
Myself, as well as many, many newbies, do not belong to a huge club that has someone teaching a person the "how to" things about building a model airplane. Yes, instruction books by Higley and others is helpful. But not always easily understood.
I have never seen any company (such as Tower Hobbies) or hobby shops that sold any "how to" tapes.
So I am wondering if there is any such thing out there on the market. If so, I would like someone to tell me if there is such vedios made and where they might be purchased or rented from.
I even bought the Monokote tape by Top Flight to learn how to cover a model. It was extremely helpful. However, it was also mostly advertising their products and did not really cover all the information that I wanted.
I have thought that it would be a wonderful help if some of these champion scale modelers could produce a tape on instructing others how to do "this and that" to a model while building.
So how about it? Any help out there?
Old 02-23-2004, 08:31 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Default RE: "How to" videos

Dave Platt has a nice series on the art of building http://www.daveplattmodels.com/
Old 02-23-2004, 09:31 AM
sugarfoot

rajul, thank you very much for the help. I will check it out.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:55 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

You're most welcomed and good luck !