Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

mountimg eng. dominator 500

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

mountimg eng. dominator 500

Old 05-05-2005, 09:28 AM
ICCARUS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mountimg eng. dominator 500

Just finishing up dominator 500, w/ .25 os. fx.. I need to mount eng, I think its down and? RIGHT or left?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:13 AM
mikeboyd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mountimg eng. dominator 500

Most mount it to the right with a little more down angle so the muffler is aligned with the fuse at the bottom. But with that airplane you have the whole range of setups; you have upright, right and angled down on right. My dominator 1500 has the engine straight on the right (90degrees) for ease in starting and needling. Set it up the way it is easier for you to use, especially if you plan on racing.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:38 AM
mikeboyd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mountimg eng. dominator 500

Just a note. I recently put a MDS 2.18 with a Bisson muffler on my D1500. Had been flying it with a 17X12 prop. Flew it yesterday with a 20X8 prop. The wind was blowing hard, no one else even took their planes out of their cars. I had a ball flying this thing around like a sport plane. Engine runs great, it is mounted at 90 degrees on the right, due to the type of muffler. Hope you enjoy your D500. That FX .25 is a very strong engine for its size. I had two of them on a twin star a couple of years ago, and it hauled @#$%.

Have fun with this little jewel.