Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

maiden flight for me and my plane

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

maiden flight for me and my plane

Old 05-17-2005, 04:40 PM
txaggie08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maiden flight for me and my plane

titles self explanitory. i finaly after years of wanting got to fly. i have to say in some ways its harder but in some ways is easier than the sim. just got to start working on learning to turn and fly the pattern today.

im hooked. all bets are off and my pocket book is hiding under the bed. im thinking i might try to get hold of a 40 size four star to start working on next month. im also gonna work on some scratch building projects( ive got some serious modifying work going on with my kadet, and i feel confident....)
Old 05-17-2005, 05:01 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: maiden flight for me and my plane

Well congratulations and welcome to the insanity. Save some money for school and the co-eds, be reasonable. Don't rush into a plane beyond your flying skills. That said, you can still build and be ready as your skills develope. The 4* is a good plane or something like a Goldberg Tiger 2. It also is very sporty and an excellent low wing plane available in kit or ARF I believe. Your choice of course.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Pilot Chad
My Feedback: (4)

The four star kit is a good kit. Very easy to put together and such. I did mine about 2 months after my trainer and also upgraded radios. a month later, i still haven't finished. But i am kinda dragging. Waiting on skills to get better

Congrats on the first flight.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:46 PM
txaggie08

yeah im actualy looking to build my kadet a la low wing version. ill transition to it first, then maybe to the 4*. i wont be allowed to fly solo at the club till i complete a check ride, and our check rides require us to be able to fly the traffic pattern the right way, do three loops in quick succesion, rol inverted and roll out, and land/takeoff, so i wont be rushing out of the trainer until im a fairly competent pilot.

I actualy like that system, because they will give you a chance to check ride rgardless of your skill, but they wont let you fly outside supervision until then. it keeps people form charging out of there trainers to fast(if you cant execute those basic maneuvers, your not ready to fly anything better anyway), and it keeps the idiots that make duck and cover routines necessary.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Pilot Chad
My Feedback: (4)

The checkride routine is a good one. Thats a good thing to do... Those things are also good. The inverted thing is something i have practiced on accident. today i went inverter on 50 percent rates and almost couldn't go back, i saved it about 5 feet from the deck...
Old 05-17-2005, 09:22 PM
txaggie08

my instructor(whos the pres of the club)'s reasoning is that, if it does happen accidently, he wants us to recover from it and not plant the plane or hit someone(ie especialy on take off)
Old 05-18-2005, 07:10 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EVERYONE buries a plane now and then. Just avoid injuries and it will be OK. I had an "incident" myself this weekend. Minor damage with no injuries. Oh well, into each life splinters shall fall.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:56 AM
txaggie08

i know everybody plants eventualy (beleive me ill probably plant often....), he just doesnt want us planting from ignorance....