Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

How's the Tower Hobbies® Tower Trainer™ 40 MKII RTF

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

How's the Tower Hobbies® Tower Trainer™ 40 MKII RTF

Old 08-28-2005, 04:16 PM
xray328
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How's the Tower Hobbies® Tower Trainer™ 40 MKII RTF

This plane is alot cheaper than the Hobbico planes. How is it as a trainer for someone with electrics experience?
Old 08-28-2005, 04:29 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: How's the Tower Hobbies® Tower Trainer™ 40 MKII RTF

I didn't use it with an electric motor, but I did learn to fly with the Tower Trainer 40. That was 10 years ago, and with being recovered it's still flying today. I would say that this plane will do just fine for you.

Hope this helps.

Ken
Old 08-28-2005, 07:12 PM
akschu
My Feedback: (5)

The covering job is terrible and won't last. So you may need to fix it or recover it at some point.

As far as how it flys, it's fine but has a lot of roll coupling and adverse yaw, but as far as I know you get that with any trainer.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:59 AM
ElectricPhil

I have one, flys great with an electric motor. I'm using the AXI 2826-10 with a 12 cell pack, a guy at the field says it flys the same as his with a 46 glow.
akschu is right the covering is peeling, and I'm sure it would be much worse with glow oil.
If you want to covert her to electric just ask and I will help.
Philip
Old 08-29-2005, 09:37 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mines also 10 years old and flies beautifully. Original Tower .40 engine in it. A little CA and a Q-tip fix the peeling seams.[8D]
Old 08-29-2005, 10:19 AM
ElectricPhil

gysgt6414,
How do you use the Q-tip, do you put the CA on the Q-tip first or put it on the film then use the Q-tip to smooth it out. Also does this leave little cotton fibers stuck to your plane? Mine is only a month old and is peeling pretty bad, I've been flying her every weekend though
Philip
Old 08-29-2005, 12:45 PM
frager14

I have one and i also agree that the covering is very bad. I also have a hobbico superstar and the superstar flies upside down better but other than that it flies the same. It all depends on if you want to spend the money for better covering. I probably would if I were you.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:58 PM
RCBOZO
My Feedback: (1)

I have helped two new members this year with Towers RTF trainer. I like how they fly! There is also a guarantee if you crash the RTF within 60 days Tower will replace it with an ARF at no charge. One of the new members just had his warranty ARF sent back to him. I am helping another guy who has had a Hobbico Super Star, a Hobbico Next Star and now Tower Trainer. He likes how the Tower Fly’s compared to the others. I think the Tower Fly’s as well as his Next Star ARF did.

If you look at Tower Right Now they will give you $25 off of your $150 order and if you decide to get the RTF version there is another $25 rebate till the end of the month! With shipping that is $ 233 plus $ 25 mail in rebate!