Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

not shure what to do here..... help me out

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

not shure what to do here..... help me out

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Sarges_heroes2003
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not shure what to do here..... help me out

the other day I was sitting back behind the pits watching others fly and waiting for my turn to go up again and a little bit grumpy because I allmost completed a landing maneuver whent "teh all knowing omnipotent instructor" made a mad dash for my transmiter and finished the landing maneuver. after he landed it he said, " your welcome" like he did me a favor.
then I saw another guy flying his tower hobbies trainer and they had gotten it up in the air and made a minor adjustment to the trim (it had been crashed on a failed landing attempt, the guy got it down on the ground ok but couldn't keep it there and the plane ended up cartwheeling across the landing strip, can you say whoops!!!) well the instructor went over to him while he was flying his plane and threw his elevator trim tab all the way one way or ther other. the student said, " hey! what did you do to my plane? it flies all funny now!" the instructor just held up his hand and said, " I want you to fly like that now" and then just walked away from him.
I tell ya, that student and I could be doing loops and inverted but those guys keep screwing with our controls when we arent looking. I think I will skip a flying night and maybe try next week maybe not.

What do you all think??
Old 09-03-2005, 11:36 AM
NJAIRSTRIKE
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: not shure what to do here..... help me out

i'm from jersey city so if anyone would have done that I would have wooped him sensleless and that would be the last of it. but the right thing to do is report him to the person in charge of the field, I think what his intent was he wanted to teach you guys on how to react in certain situations if a problem happens or teaching you how to retrim your plane. I think he shouldent do it all of a sudden but maybe let you know what he's doing so you wont crash. Also, he shouldent walk away after doing that specially if you havent even solo'd.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Sarges_heroes2003

ORIGINAL: NJAIRSTRIKE

i'm from jersey city so if anyone would have done that I would have wooped him sensleless and that would be the last of it. but the right thing to do is report him to the person in charge of the field, I think what his intent was he wanted to teach you guys on how to react in certain situations if a problem happens or teaching you how to retrim your plane. I think he shouldent do it all of a sudden but maybe let you know what he's doing so you wont crash. Also, he shouldent walk away after doing that specially if you havent even solo'd.
the problem is he is the one incharge of teh field. he takes turns with another guy as for whom is president of the club.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:08 PM
exeter_acres

I'm the non-violent type.... but I agree with NJair

How big is the club....

the members are in charge...not the President
Old 09-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Sarges_heroes2003

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

I'm the non-violent type.... but I agree with NJair

How big is the club....

the members are in charge...not the President
the club is about 10 people at most. most of us are new to the hobbie. just guys that never did let go of toys and grew into bigger more bad arse toys.
this guy running it seems to think its his property. he down about doing hariers over the runway. I know some people dont want that done but I think few have a ligitimate reason for haveing it banned at there field. this guy makes me think if I tried it he would run out there and club my plane like it was a pinyata.[:@] maybe i really dont want to go. [&o]
Old 09-03-2005, 12:40 PM
yellerchamp
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get together with a few friends and go to field by yourselves and have fun but be careful. after a while start your own club
Old 09-03-2005, 04:25 PM
thundervee

Well if your ready to fly without an instructor tell him in a nice way to" keep his hands off your radio"
That might work for ya , if not resort to the NJAIRSTRIKE method
Old 09-03-2005, 05:06 PM
txaggie08

illd tell him strait "if you value your fingers youll keep them off my plane...." better yet have a buddy shoot your plane down while hes flying....just make shure he doesnt know
Old 09-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. You definitely need to tell the person in charge of the field what is going on.

2. In addition, if you still need an instructor, have one of the other instructors teach you.

3. POLITELY, tell the instructor: "If you touch MY plane or equipment again, without ME directly asking you to, your medical insurance had best be paid up. You screw with me again like you did on that landing and I will do my damndest to have you use your insurance. Do you understand me ?"

Make sure you keep repeating the "Do you understand me ?" part until he answers. Every time you have to repeat it, raise your voice. What you want to do is cause a "scene" where you are cool, calm, collected and polite and the instructor winds up acting like a total *sshole
Old 09-03-2005, 06:06 PM
txaggie08

i seriously tink ill get a friend to jack with your plane with another radio when he did that,,,,,
Old 09-03-2005, 11:54 PM
horace315
My Feedback: (15)

I'm not sure what kind of instructor that is,i think id be looking for another instructor or field.it is good to lern to trim your airplane but that is for after you get more experience and never do that without at least telling you his intentions.when i came off the buddy box my instructor was always at arms length they get comfortable as your ability's gets better.sarges maybe he saw something you didn't see on your approach to give him the benefit of the doubt,but i think a knuckle sandwich would be in order on the messing trim up and not telling someone.......that sounds insane....i did have my instructor mess up the trims and say ok set them on the ground and take off and get the plane trimmed,at least he was there to help if anything went wrong.that would really discourage a new pilot in this sport it is supposed to be fun and everyone works together.hope everything works out,happy flying....
Old 09-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Dr1Driver

First, if you are a soloed pilot, NO ONE has ANY right to take the transmitter from your hands, unless you're in need of medical attention. I'd tell this jerk, and NOT politely "If you touch my transmitter or plane, I'll stomp a mud hole in you." It's field Nazis like this guy who give club flying a bad name.

Next, look for another club or field.

Dr.1
Old 09-04-2005, 09:20 AM
laker500

I agree, find another club and take your friends with you. There are these types in everything now days that are going to save you from your self. When I was learning if I crashed, it was my mistake to make. The part about him adjusting trims is really disturbing. Next time at the field go over and screw with his plane. Tell him its a good lesson to learn, be a jerk and get jerked around. Jeff
Old 09-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Sarges_heroes2003

last night I went out and flew at the field. a storm was comeing in and it was windy, really windy. made for some interesting flying. well after getting the new os mounted up and running right I taxied out to the run way took a second to look around and determine which way the wind was going. the same instructor came walking up and said, "HEY!, you don't intend to take that up by your self do you?" I wanted to take it up my self (i have taken off on my own before) but he said no he would take it up and trim it out. I did fly for a while but wasnt haveing any fun fighting the wind so I started bringing it in close getting ready for a landing when the jerk took my transmitter away. then he started talking about this wild maneuver he was gona pull with MY PLANE!!!!! I told him "NO YOU ARE NOT!" because if he did he would be putting his life in danger and hes to much of coward to do any thing that gutsy.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:04 PM
D Bronk

Let him take the transmitter again,but SLAP .him right on the forehead,REAL GOOD..TELL him that`s going to be your reaction to his action from now on
Old 09-04-2005, 10:07 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Tell the fool if he ever touches your transmitter again, you will press charges, if that doesn't work, break his fingers!!!
Old 09-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Nubie_1

I went out and found those in the club that would be of more my temperance and to my comfort level with me and those who are willing to listen to me and help me since it was my dollars and not theres i always asked in a nice way because i realize it was there time but it was my money in the air even though i needed the help to get there and those who didn't do things in the nicest manner got to fly there own planes and left mine alone. Even now i have soloed i am still in need of help but still want someone to help me trim my planes for my flying and not theres and if they wont do it find someone else in the club that will and if the person you find isn't always there when you fly don't fly its a hard pill to swallow to drive all the way to the field and not get to fly if your still at the help stage of flying its better than coming home upset because the help that is there is always making you upset.

Good Luck
Chris
Old 09-05-2005, 02:30 PM
raideron
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds like you have not soloed.... Most if not all clubs will not let you T.O.,
land without an instructor if you have not soloed.... That said... Taking you
TX. and flying your plane as he chooses is not right... And the NJAIRSTRIKE
method would be used.... But some of the trimming changes could be
"his" training method... But, the way he's going about it IMO is not right...
Find out if any... what rules there is to solo.... If enough trainees see things
different, hold a meeting and talk about changes!! And/or get soloed.. To get
him out of your hair.....Last option, maybe find another field..
A head tap could be used.... But remember, gotta keep your options open
Old 06-27-2008, 11:46 AM
tucker1865

Do not threaten him or mess with his plane. All you will do is make an enemy and he may have more friends at the field than you do. You are not going to change his mind so what's the point. Punching his lights out won't solve a thing (and I am an ex-marine). Find another club or another instructor (if that's possible) or tell the guy nicely how you feel, ask him why. Besides he might kick you butt. Starting a war won't solve anything and the club is too small for that. If all else fails, you will have to go to the field when his is not there, and work it out by yourself. If he is the only one who instructs and is the president, do you really want to belong to this club and have this problem when you go to the field?
Old 06-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Not sure if you saw this post was from 2005, anyhow you're right about not causing some serious social issues at the club. There is a president, vp, etc. at my club, and if there's a problem, that's where I go.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:29 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

I hope he has worked out the problem since then!
Old 06-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Me too
Old 06-29-2008, 10:42 AM
tucker1865

Didn't realize the post was that old, my mistake. I have been reading them from back (oldest) to front and got carried away. I too hope the problem was solved.