Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Lost Electric Cub

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Lost Electric Cub

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 04:47 AM
thunderbolts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost Electric Cub

Well, I after only 5 flights I lost my electric WM clipped wing Cub yesterday. Whilst enjoying the setting sun and cruising about on my last flight the cub violently tipped onto her back and spiraled into the ground. No amount of correction form me could save her. Such a shame as I had started to really get to grips with the flying as a beginner and the cub had been so solid beforehand.

Afterward I inspected the remains and found the motor (400 brushed 8.4v and 25A ESC) was completely burnt to a crisp and the wires had melted off the back. I had cut the throttle when she hit the deck. I was using a 3s1p Lipo rated at 20C burst and this seemed fine (apart from being bent at 20 degrees and being rendered useless)

Can anyone help explain what happened here. My friends at the flying field explained that I did'nt seem to make any mistakes and I felt that I was flying just as I had been the previous flights.

Cheers.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:35 AM
Chris-_-Memphis
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Lost Electric Cub

was this during landing?
Old 05-07-2006, 09:33 AM
thunderbolts

Default RE: Lost Electric Cub

No, I was making a right hand turn. Gentle bank, touch of elivator to keep the nose up and bang! out of the sky she came! All my landings had been great no nonsense affairs.