Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Help me with the colour of my plane

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Help me with the colour of my plane

Old 01-23-2007, 09:25 PM
i_am_joey_jo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me with the colour of my plane

Hey guys,

I got a plane which is silver monokote but what I wanted was banana yellow. Is it possible to recover the mustang without having to tear of all the monokote because I see a lot of paints for planes that look like they're easy to use and spray on. Is it possible to do this and end up with a plane that looks like it was always that colour?

Please say yes.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:01 PM
cliff600
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Help me with the colour of my plane

You COULD spray paint your plane, but I bet over time it will wear off and get sticky, probably will not look very good even at first either. I would not do it. If you just monokote over top monokote it will get bubbly. If you really want yellow then you would be best off stripping off the silver monokote and replacing it with yellow.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:00 AM
i_am_joey_jo

Is that easy to do or is it time consuming?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:48 PM
MadScientist

No it's not easy to do, if you want a covering job that is going to look professional, especially if it's your first time covering. It is a skill that takes a bit of practice in order to get a nice clean finished look to your plane. Yes, it is time consuming, as you would have to first strip off the old covering and then reapply the new. it's your choice, but if it were me i would stick with the bananna yellow for a bit until I had a few covering lessons under my belt.