Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

length of runway to take off?

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

length of runway to take off?

Old 02-07-2003, 06:45 AM
fartdragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default length of runway to take off?

well i do have some free space to fly around (with nobody passing by) hehehe i live like on this small hill with apartments in a C-shape..there's like a valley that i can fly..hehe dimension: about 100m width by as far as the plane flies.

the problem is i dunno where to find a trainer..i will get a flight sim of course...btw the service of the hobby shops here suck so bad...the car hobby shops are ok...

for example "i went there to check the price of them, the dude there got kind of pissed cause i wasn't buying anything..."

anyway..back to the topic...so go into planes or heli?? planes are cheaper to play with...but i don't think i have a decent runway..to land or take off

suggestion?
Old 02-07-2003, 06:49 AM
fartdragon

well i've been looking around at some electric planes...are they just as fun as nitro planes??

what are the pros and cons?
Old 02-07-2003, 02:24 PM
TerrellFlyer

free advice: visit the field up the road,if driving one hour to the field is to much trouble then you probably don't really have the time or desire to learn r/c,this is not a put down and is meant as good advice.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:34 PM
coomarlin
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with Terrell. The 1 hour drive will be worth it to you. You need to know what you are getting into and be able to talk to others that are more informed. From your description you really would have no business flying a plane, or for that matter even a heli in an area that is 75x100 meters and sorounded by apartments on three sides. Far too dangerous. I'm not trying to be mean, I just want you to realize what your getting into.

Originally posted by TerrellFlyer
free advice: visit the field up the road,if driving one hour to the field is to much trouble then you probably don't really have the time or desire to learn r/c,this is not a put down and is meant as good advice.