Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Left Handed Mode 2 ?

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Left Handed Mode 2 ?

Old 02-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Millburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left Handed Mode 2 ?

Hi all,

I'm new to R/C and so far I've just got a radio (JR 378) and a flight sim. I'm told mode 2 is the most popular radio setup. But being left handed it feel's more natural doing the "attitude" flying with my left hand, throttle on the right... mode 1 doesn't feel right either. Do any left handers use a reverse mode 1 setup ?
ie - Throttle, rudder right and ailerons and elevator on the left ?

This setup feels the most natural to me. Is it feasable ?
Old 02-08-2003, 11:35 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left Handed Mode 2 ?

It may feel strange right now but if you practice it will start to feel right. I am right handed but actually can now do most things left or right handed. I learned to do this when I was in in the Army when a Sargeant made mention that it would be a good idea to learn to shoot both right and left handed in case you were ever hurt on the right side, and you know I took that to heart since I knew I was going to 'Nam. I was a small arms expert, qualified on everything we had and most weapons from other countries, did it both left and right handed. You can do it if so inclined but if you are more comfortable the other way you can send the radio into a qualified repair person and have it set up your way.