Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Futaba 7CAP, Hitec rcd receiver,battery,servos, Help with how to hook it all up PLEASEEEEEEE

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Futaba 7CAP, Hitec rcd receiver,battery,servos, Help with how to hook it all up PLEASEEEEEEE

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 09:28 PM
dpsa98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 7CAP, Hitec rcd receiver,battery,servos, Help with how to hook it all up PLEASEEEEEEE

Ok I am sure im just an idiot and this should be easy but I'm trying to connect all of my servos and battery to my receiver and get it to work with my radio. I guess to start I have a Futaba 7CAP radio. I am not sure how everything works on it yet but I do have it set up to fly my Electric Foamie EDGE 540 (it seems to work fine with that). My radio has a 10 model memory and I'm trying to get it to work with another plane I am putting together (gas plane OS 46 motor)(my first that I have done ANYTHING on myself).

My radio is the 7CAP , Hitec Supreme RCD Dual Conversion receiver (not sure what RCD or Dual Conversion is). Both on Channel 50 I have the RCD Crystal that goes with the receiver. I have Hitec HS-322HD servos that I am using also and last but not least I have a yellow 4.8V 800MaH battery. I cant get any of it to work together. I do have the instructions to the radio but it is not detaled in connections just in how the computer works on it. I am trying to test the receiver out of the plane by just connecting a servo to the receiver and a battery to the receiver also but Im not sure where to hook everything up.

What slot should the battery be in? What slot should the servo be in? What should my radio be set on for this type of receiver PPM or PCM and is there any other setting I should know about on the radio to get it to work with the RCD receiver? I tried plugging the battery in the receiver in slot 7 an the servo in slot 1 an had my radio set to PPM but nothing works and Im not sure why. The battery is fully charged I checked it with a volt meter. Im sure the radio works because my other plane works on it just fine. Just not sure how to set a computer radio for another plane I guess. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been messing with this for 2 days now and I'm about ready to

I have also tried to connect another receiver with the battery and servo but have the same results. Im sure Im doing something wrong with the radio....PCM does not work either

On my electric plane radio settings the radio says PPM
Old 04-12-2007, 10:03 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba 7CAP, Hitec rcd receiver,battery,servos, Help with how to hook it all up PLEASEEEEEEE

OK, the transmitter needs to be set to PPM. The servo can be in any of the first 4 channel slots(easiest). The battery can be plugged into ANY of the slots. This can be done with or without a switch harness for the purpose of testing.

You said "the radio works" but you didn't say if you had the TX or RX or both working before and if they worked together.

RCD is a brand/model and dual conversion has to do with the way the signal is processed internally. Dual is good, single is OK but not as good.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:21 PM
dpsa98

Default RE: Futaba 7CAP, Hitec rcd receiver,battery,servos, Help with how to hook it all up PLEASEEEEEEE

Thank you for your reply. The crystal in my radio is TX and the RCD crystal also channel 50 is an RF Crystal. I guess its a special crystal built for dual conversion receivers. I will try your suggestions and see if I have any luck. Thanks Again.....If anyone can think of any other reason why it may not work please let me know.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 04-12-2007, 10:35 PM
dpsa98

Ok I have my radio set to PPM. I have my servo plugged into port 1 in the receiver and I have the battery plugged into port 5 and I still get nothing. Is there something I need to switch for dual conversion or something like that or is all that preset automatically?
Old 04-13-2007, 04:27 AM
gunfighterII

Is it a negative shift reciever, or does it have the shift selectable plug?

You have to have a negative shift for Futaba.

is it like this one,
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXN524&P=0
Old 04-13-2007, 07:35 AM
bruce88123

That's why I was trying to determine just exactly WHAT had worked before with WHAT? I was working up to asking about the shift issue.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:35 PM
dpsa98

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...?receiver_id=4

its this receiver here I guess Im might just need to set it to negative shift . That could be the problem but Im not sure how
Old 04-13-2007, 06:55 PM
dpsa98

I am an idiot....... I told the guy at the LHS what I needed when I purchased this receiver and guess what ......after further review this is a positive shift receiver and I need negative shift. [:@]
Old 04-13-2007, 07:02 PM
bruce88123

Yours appears to be the version before they went to auto-shift. I couldn't find any on-line info for changing it but write here
http://www.hitecrcd.com/contact
and ask them. Give them as much info as you can. They may be able to link a manual to you or at least instructions.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:41 AM
gunfighterII

dpsa98,
No, your not the idiot, the guy at the LHS is the idiot, take it back and make him give you the right reciever.

This is obviously the older version of the super slim, as all new Hitecs are auto shift, it must have been on his shelf for a few years.

Here's the one you want to get,
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKYK3&P=0