Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 Volunteers Can Help Beginner Park Flyer Pilots All Across The USA >

Volunteers Can Help Beginner Park Flyer Pilots All Across The USA

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Volunteers Can Help Beginner Park Flyer Pilots All Across The USA

Old 02-01-2008, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volunteers Can Help Beginner Park Flyer Pilots All Across The USA

Saw that electric Park Flyer in your LHS and had to buy it? Now you are thinking "Now what?"

First off, you are doing the right thing by coming to this forum and wanting to learn more about it before sending your plane to an early demise. If you are just getting into the wonderful hobby and need a hand making the final trims on your new electric park flyer or unsure if your Tx is set up properly, or even if you are scared to maiden and need a hand, there is help out there. Not sure if the CG is not quite right and you need someone to check it out for you? Help is available. You don't have to figure out that new electric park flyer all on your own.

There is definitely a number of things that need to be done correctly to make an airplane fly correctly. These forums are a great resource for info, but your PC can't help when it comes to maiden time.

The AMA has developed a nationwide program called the Park Pilot Partner Program that assists new fliers with all those concerns mentioned above and more.

Just click on this link [link=http://www.modelaircraft.org/MembersOnly/partnersearch.aspx]Volunteer Search[/link], put in your zip code, select distance, and hit search. The names and email addresses of the folks in your area willing to give you a hand will be shown on the page below. Simply just email that person and ask that he/she meet you at your park/field/school at a convenient time you both agree on.

It's just that easy. The database is still being populated with new members volunteering to help, so there might not be anyone close by to you at the moment, but no worries there will be (at least I hope) in the near future.

Frank
Old 02-02-2008, 01:06 AM

Default RE: Volunteers Can Help Beginner Pilots All Across The USA

How do I put my name one the list to help?
venom
Old 02-02-2008, 01:16 AM

I think that's the wrong link or maybe I'm just blind but I can't find anything except a club officer section.

Great idea unless you get an unqualified volunteer.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The link worked for me.. but how does one get their name on the list... I had 4 within a 25 mile distance of me
Old 02-02-2008, 02:13 AM

Go to the website. Logon. Click on Member Services. Click on the Park Pilot Program icon. scroll down to the Park Pilot Partner section. You can volunteer from there.

www.modelaircraft.org
Old 02-02-2008, 02:25 AM

Nice.. real time updates... ... I subscribed and researched on my zip code and there I am .... If only the gov't was this efficient!
Mike
Old 02-02-2008, 04:51 PM

Default RE: Volunteers Can Help Beginner Park Flyer Pilots All Across The USA

Thanks for signing up and volunteering fellas! The more help the better.

Frank
Old 02-04-2008, 02:37 PM

Flying season is still a couple months away for some, but as things start to green up and folks want to try out their new electric park flyer RC planes, please remember you don't have to do it alone. Help is only an email away. Volunteers can meet you right at your local park, elementary school field, farmer's field, or wherever you call your flying field.

Thanks,

Frank
Old 02-04-2008, 03:13 PM

BINGO! im signed up, i wish this had been around when i bought my first plane! if you can go straight and email someone to get the help rather than trying to find some other way to try to make the connection you will do it rather than try and go it alone! this is a super idea from the ama i love to hear that my money is not only going for insurance but to better our hobby in general! i wonder if there is some way that you could leave your phone number through that program, because i am at a different address some of the time while i am in school, but i was only able to put in one zip code.. not only that, but i think that a phone number would encourage newbie with a park flyer to contact someone for help. i remember i had someone that was going to help me with my first plane but they couldn't get free for about 1 week and i couldn't wait so i had 1 flight and 1 bad crash under my belt before he could help me due to my impatience.. so if someone could call for help on the phone they would most likely do it, where some people don't get around to checking their email for a few days sometimes (as i do) and the newbies will get impatient and go crash and drop the hobby! i would like to have the option to leave my telephone number also, thats all i am saying in this long ramble.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:57 AM

That's great to hear fozjared! Thanks for volunteering.

Here are a couple cool videos that talks about the PPP.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/parkflyer/pp-videos.aspx

Frank
Old 02-13-2008, 12:24 PM

How do you research your zip code to see who is involved in your area?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Missileman

How do you research your zip code to see who is involved in your area?

There is a link in the first page, but here is again.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/Members...nersearch.aspx

Just plug in your zip code and hit "FIND." The volunteers in your area will show up below if there is any.

Frank
Old 06-08-2008, 02:27 PM

I realize this thread has been inactive a long time but I was wondering if anyone knows of an area to park fly in the W Knoxville area. I recently moved here and am looking for some flying companions. I am an AMA member.