Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

another successful Super Cub Solo

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

another successful Super Cub Solo

Old 03-09-2008, 02:22 AM
sportrider_fz6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another successful Super Cub Solo

after my wife watching me learn to fly and me teaching her Dad. it was her turn to learn. I've let her take the TX a few times in the past but quickly took it back as she got into trouble. she seemed more interested after listening to me explain things and talk her Dad through his first few flights. Today we went down to my fly spot, and after I took off the plane I passed her the TX. she was way better this go around, no over flying it smooth control inputs and nice level turns. after the batt got low I brought it in for a landing. the next battery she wanted to give a go at a take off, and with no problems the SC was up and flying after the timer went off I brought it in and swapped out the batt for a fresh on. I told her if she starts to practice lining up with the run way I think she could bring it in. so thats what she did after take off she flew around the field and lined up with the runway and did a fly by. on the next pass as she was apexing the final corner coming in line she slowly dropped altitude and brought the SC in for a (rough) landing, her aim was off just a little so the plane went off the road and was stopped by some weeds. so she took off again and tried again this time the landing was better but with out flaring the plane it came in a little hard, but no damage was done and now I get to start looking for the next addition to the hanger!!! once she gets addicted to the RC planes there will be no stopping me!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 03:25 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: another successful Super Cub Solo

That's awesome, sportrider fz6! That's got to be a lot of fun flying with the extended family.

I used to own a Green Models Colorful Butterfly until my wife decided she wanted to give RC flying a try. It's a slow-flying 3-channel electric with a polyhedral wing, and I figured there was no way she could crash it. I handed her the transmitter and about four seconds later it was smashed nose-first into the parking lot by the field.

Now she mostly just comes out to the field to take pictures. I've been trying to talk her into trying the buddy box with my glow trainers, but now she's once bitten and twice shy.

The funny part was I never realized how much I enjoyed flying that plane until it was gone.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Safebet
My Feedback: (12)

"there will be no stoppping me!" that sounds like a well contrived plan.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:46 AM
sportrider_fz6

that is a cool pic!!! too bad about the plane. "a well contrived plan?" hahahaha as Hannibal Smith would say "I love it when a plan comes together!" LOL
Old 03-11-2008, 03:46 AM
simmo8

youve got the right idea good on ya