Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Looking for good 3rd plane.

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.
View Poll Results: A poll
Sig Somethin Extra
66.67%
Great Planes Revolver
16.67%
Hangar 9 Sundowner
8.33%
Edge 540
8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Looking for good 3rd plane.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:03 PM
ErikElvis
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Looking for good 3rd plane.

Im putting together a sundowner 50 with a OS 91 4str. Have the engine mounted, cutting the cowl. Gonna go back and epoxy the inside of the motor mount. Im hoping I can get it to fly tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:34 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: beachbrada
what are u referring to?
I was agreeing with Opjose. In the "cautions" section of the U-Can-Do manual it talks about not using prop pitches higher than 6 and not flying at full throttle except while climbing. In fact the .46 size U-Can-do manual even goes so far as to specifically say: "If you prefer to take chances however be prepared to learn a hard and expensive lesson".

I wondered if the same warning was in the 60 size manual so I downloaded it and look what I found:

http://www.greatplanes.com/techsupport/gpma1270tech.pdf

You know I noticed one plane missing from your list: the Super Sportster. Don't let the old-school looks fool you. This plane has a fully symetrical airfoil and is a very capable sport aerobat. It is also very fast with he right engine. My .46 size ARF had a .46-AX with the muffler baffle removed and outlet drilled bigger. With an 11x6 prop it was very quick. My kit built 60 size has a .75-AX in it and it is also very fast and goes vertical like some sort of anti-gravity machine. I love it.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:14 PM
beachbrada
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My plan at the moment is to go with the Aero-Works Edge 540 and mount a Saito 1.00 on it. I say at the moment because its going to be a little bit till I actually get it so I may have a change of mind along the way.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:20 PM
n19htmare
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: beachbrada

My plan at the moment is to go with the Aero-Works Edge 540 and mount a Saito 1.00 on it. I say at the moment because its going to be a little bit till I actually get it so I may have a change of mind along the way.
Aero-Works EDGE 540 with an OS Surpass II .91 is what I'm gonna be doing .

Saw about 4 more giant scale Aero-Work models at the field today, MAN they look good!
Old 08-23-2008, 08:05 PM
beachbrada
My Feedback: (17)

I was looking at that engine also, anyone at your field use it? How do they like it?