Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

I won't be using wholesaletrains.com again

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

I won't be using wholesaletrains.com again

Old 08-20-2008, 12:31 PM
LokiDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I won't be using wholesaletrains.com again

Just received a replacement fuse and tailfeathers for the Avistar I crashed. There wasn't a rudder so I called them and asked them to send it out next day. They refused. Now, I won't be able to fly even this weekend because they don't want to make it right. I could fly tonight but I don't have all the parts.

I won't be using them ever again.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Allfat
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: I won't be using wholesaletrains.com again

Contact the manufacterer directly. They may send you a rudder if you explain the situation.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:44 PM
n19htmare
My Feedback: (1)

They won't send it overnight delivery or they won't send it at all?
Old 08-20-2008, 12:59 PM
carrellh

I know you paid for a rudder, so you should get it. Does the original rudder still exist? If yes, you can cut new hinge slots and use it.

If I were the seller, it would depend where the error occurred to decide if I'd be willing to overnight the part.

If the parts are packaged by Hobbico, and I sent you an unopened package, I'd open a package and send you a part via regular mail.

If I sent you a package that had been opened, or if all of the spare parts are loose and I neglected to pack one of them, I would overnight it.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:34 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: LokiDog

Just received a replacement fuse and tailfeathers for the Avistar I crashed. There wasn't a rudder so I called them and asked them to send it out next day. They refused. Now, I won't be able to fly even this weekend because they don't want to make it right. I could fly tonight but I don't have all the parts.

Mistakes happen, and expecting a seller to overnight a part that was left out is unreasonable, unless you paid for overnight shipping to begin with.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Would it be possible for you to build one from Balsa and cover it with whatever kind of covering was on the original? I know that you are in the Beginners forum, but it shouldn't be that hard for you to build, and at least it would get you in the air soonest.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 08-20-2008, 03:50 PM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

No, that would be inconceivable!
Old 08-20-2008, 04:41 PM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

I hear you; I had a bad experience with them myself. I paid over $100 on an order 2 1/2 years ago and they decided to charge me for the shipping. They decided like... over night, to increase the amount to get the free shipping. I called them up and they told me they haven't updated the website yet of the changes and they weren't going to respect my order, and I still had to pay for the shipping. I told them to stick it! And I never did do business with them again.

Now I only deal through my own LHS face to face. I get more savings from Marty at RedNeck then I get from any On-line stores... plus I don't get charged Shipping because I go to the HS in person.

I've had good results from Horizon, Tower Hobbies and Great Planes before I met Marty at RedNeck R/C.

Luftwaffe Oberst
Radio Aero Modelers Club
District II
Pulaski, NY

Supporter of RedNeck R/C - Fulton, NY
Old 08-20-2008, 04:42 PM
LokiDog

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Would it be possible for you to build one from Balsa and cover it with whatever kind of covering was on the original? I know that you are in the Beginners forum, but it shouldn't be that hard for you to build, and at least it would get you in the air soonest.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
I can honestly say I didn't think of doing that. I am building my second plane, so I can figure something out, but have this ARF because I want to continue to fly.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Campgems

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
I can honestly say I didn't think of doing that. I am building my second plane, so I can figure something out, but have this ARF because I want to continue to fly.
So, you got an AARF Building a ruder makes it a full blown ARF. Shouldn't slow you down but about three hours at most.

Don