Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Airtronics questions

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Airtronics questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 08:35 PM
RAGII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics questions

Hey all,

I have a buddy that is seriously thinking of getting into the hobby and would like to start with an Airtronics 2.4 system. (8 channels, reasonable cost, and now comes with 2 receivers) A member of our club passed away and left the club with several Kadet Seniors that we are selling to beginners to get started into the hobby. This is where two questions come in.

1) The Kadet has all Futaba servos and receiver. The receiver needs to be changed but will these servos work with the Airtronics 2.4 Receiver?

2) Our club has a JR and Futaba buddy box. Will either of those work with the Radio? If not, where can I find an Airtronics buddy box?

Thanks,

Rob

Old 08-21-2008, 08:44 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Airtronics questions

RagII,
To answer your questions.

1) Yes, you can use the Futaba servos with the Airtronics radio. The Futaba plugs have a small tab on them that prevents plugging them into a non-Futaba radio. All you need to do is snip that tab off and you can then use the servo with any radio.

2) No, you can't use those other buddy boxes with the Airtronics. However, you can purchase an Airtronics buddy box for $36.99 from Hobby People, and this price does include the buddy cord. [link]http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/479300.asp[/link]

Hope this helps

Ken
Old 08-21-2008, 09:07 PM
RAGII

Thanks Ken. I knew you would know the answer.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Missileman

And just to back up RCKen.
I currently have a Kadet Senior that is controlled with an Aitronics Transmitter using a mixture of Futaba and Hitec servos.
I bought my Airtronics buddy box online for about the same price as RCKen showed but I don't remember where from.
The Aitronics RDS8000 is a great value that would be hard to beat.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:43 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

For what its worth and the potential age of the Kaydet Seniors could in fact go back many years, its possible that those airplanes could have older Futaba servos with 'G' plugs in which case you would have to change out the plugs or find some of the old adapters.

The G plug can be identified by having three bare pins with uneven spacing sticking out the side of the plug.

John