Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Flight boxes

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Flight boxes

Old 08-22-2008, 10:28 AM
rayzer 13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight boxes

Hi everyone, well I've been out of the loop for the last 6 years and have met that someone special and she wants to learn to fly but all my flight box stuff even the box itself is messed up and am looking for one that will handle a ruff hand - I'de also like to get a universal field charger for my tx and rx I'm also interested in the new foamys are they any good if so what is ther field charging possibilitys
Old 08-22-2008, 11:33 AM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Default RE: Flight boxes

Go to your local Home Depot, Menards, Wal-mart and get a upright tool chest that has the wheels and adjustable handle to pull by hand behind you and fo;ds down when not in use. the two tool box half come apart and they both store alot of stuff. I carry my fuel and glow fuel in the bottom section along with my starter, top section I carry alot of tools, first aid kit and parts trays with spare nuts and bolts. Everything stays contained and fits well in my vehicle.
NEDYOB
Old 08-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Fastsky

Default RE: Flight boxes

nedyob has a good suggestion. I use a Stanley tool box which is about 12" high by 23" long. I think they call it a Stanley 1000. Either way forget the ply "hobby" boxes as they are about twice the price as these plastic ones and won't hold as much stuff. I have a 50 oz. fuel tank in mine which usually holds holds enough fuel for the day. The power panel is mounted in the front of the box and it contains a 12 volt battery, and of course an electric fuel pump. I tried a smaller version but it was just a bit too cramped. Imho, foamys are just for goofing around. They don't have much power or weight so they have to flown in only the slightest of breezes and the radios that come with the foamys usually have limited range so they are not acceptable for standard glow engine planes. If you are serious about getting into this hobby then I would look at buying at least a standard trainer with a basic radio. Trainers with an engine/radio combo can be bought new from around $350.00 so you don't have to spend a fortune to start out. Check out Tower Hobbies.com to see what is currently available and pricing.