Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Hangar-9 cessna 182

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Hangar-9 cessna 182

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Bladecx2guy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar-9 cessna 182

So i was thumbing around the classifieds on RCU when i cam across this gem!! I was amazed the low price and decided that i couldnt go without it! It needs some repairs as you can see, But there very minor and i think i can handle it. Im gonna post pictures as the restore process goes on but im reaching out to the masses for the tech stuff. What engine? What servos? What tx rx? all the good info could be very helpful as this is a whole new world to me (glow planes). Any info would be much appriciated. Thanx again Dumb Thumbs!!!

-jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32981.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1017656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy77797.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1017657   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27973.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	1017658   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mf96967.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	1017659   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa32784.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1017660  
Old 08-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Missileman

Default RE: Hangar-9 cessna 182

Standard servos, such as Futaba s3004 or Hitec HS425, something along that line.
A 4 channel radio or better with a full range 4 channel or better receiver.
I had a Magnum .52 4 stroke in mine and it was plenty of engine.
You can put a .46 2 stroke in as well.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:05 PM
CastorTroy2150
My Feedback: (10)

1. I suggest a digital computer radio of some sort, where you can store models and set your trim electronicaly. You will jsut get frustrated later down the road if you get more models. 2.4 is great , but more expensive, the more channels you can afford the more you will be able to do in the future without buying a new radio TX. S3004's work great, a .46AX would run this plane GREAT! Used one before and love it, just try and stay at the high end of the manufacturer's suggested engines, the extra power will be nice later on. If your budget can handle like a 7 channel radio system with a reciever and servos and the works, that would be nice IE...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXGAE9**&P=SM

Its up to you, but try not to skimp on good stuff, I tried that once and regreted it, resale on this stuff seems to be a little lacking.Good Luck! I lov ethe 182. beautiful plane!please post picture or videos of your progress!
Old 08-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Bladecx2guy

thanks for the input guys.....I was already considering the .46 ax ........and Ive heard the spektrum dx6i or 7 are supposed to be pretty good tx.....I also have a parkzone t-28 so having one radio for all my models would be great? The plane already has futaba servos for alierons will those work with the spektrum radio or do i need to stick with futaba ????? Bare with me im still learning all this stuff!!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:27 AM
NorfolkSouthern

Bladecx2guy: Make sure your CG is correct. Inspect each and every single micrometer on that airframe, and I mean every clevis, link, cog, screw, joint, rod, battery, servo, gear, receiver, etc. Well, everything. You will want to run the engine using the fuel tank you plan to install on the Cessna before putting the powertrain in service. Also, make sure the engine is well broken in and is at least as reliable as a Ford F-150. I would even go as far as buying a brand new receiver, just for that plane. I am saying this because if you lose it due to a mechanical or electrical failure, you might not be able to replace it, or find any parts.

Cessna's are not all too difficult to fly. They can even be more stable than a low-wing trainer. However, they do have to be built right, with close attention to detail. Anything that might be just slightly off-kilter may cause some bad habits, such as dropping a wing at too low an airspeed when it's least expected. Yes, it has happened to me. If you get the job done right, thoroughly inspect everything, are patient, and don't take any chances, then it should last you a few years. Good luck.

NorfolkSouthern
Old 08-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Bladecx2guy

well guys i started to poke around last night at inspecting the air frame. I found that the bottom of the fuse is craked almost all the way to the main gear. I can drop a piece of 1/8 in balsa on the floor with some glue and this should be ok rite? The next problem is the mono coat on the fuse was removed so i could really look over the airframe. I did not touch the control surface just the blue on the fuse and sum white on the bottom of the fuse. So any advice on appling ultracoat would be helpful
Old 08-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Bladecx2guy

Ok so the powerplant in this is going to be a o.s. .46 fx. Just picked it up today in a trade. Now just a few more parts and i can start the rebuild!!!