Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

just got new stampede have question

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

just got new stampede have question

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2002, 03:36 PM
howdogg3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got new stampede have question

i Just got my RTR Stampede like yesterday. i am just waiiting on some batteries to play with it, but i pulled it out and was looking at it and the instructions, and i have like 3 baggies of parts. Well i figures out one was spacers for the springs, how do i know what ones to use and stuff, also what are some of the other pieces are they just spares or what.
Old 03-17-2002, 01:25 AM
hollewud7

yea those pieces are mostly spares and spacers, to find out how to install them chekc out the manual. I wouldnt put spacers unless you think the shocks are to loose
Old 03-19-2002, 09:19 PM
gsoav8r
My Feedback: (6)

Default spring spacers

Read the instructions like hollewud suggests.
One note though. You should notice that the spacers are different thicknesses. This is so you can adjust the coilover spring rates for max performance. Example is that you will probably want the rear springs a little softer than the front so the truck will squat a little during acceleration for max rear traction.
Also, if you jump the truck the springs can be adjusted so the truck lands on all fours at the same time. You definitely dont want the truck nose diving. Easy way to break steering knuckles.
Cheers.
James
Old 03-25-2002, 05:30 AM
vegas mossie

A quick way to check the shocks is to drop the truck from a foot or so off the ground, and watch to see if it bounces, or bottoms out. also check to see if only the front or back end bounces or bottoms out. Mostly it is personal taste based on how and what you drive over. To handle my young sons driving, I put a RPM bumper on the front, and a home made skid plate on the back. This thing really flys, and is a lot of fun. Loren