Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Seagull Boomerang 40 building tips please

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Seagull Boomerang 40 building tips please

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Stixoz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seagull Boomerang 40 building tips please

G'Day guys.

I'm a total newb getting in to this hobby (leave the instructor comments out for now please, lol) and i've bought a boomerang 40 with OS 46AX and Hitec Optic 6 Channel.

I'm after any tips or advice you might have for building this model. I have heard the landing gear is a bit light on, is this still the case with the model (have they fixed it), whats the easiest thing to do to make it acceptable for a rough airfield. I have never built a RC aircraft before, what things do i need to know that the instruction manual doesn't tell me? I hear that they might be a bit nose heavy with that engine, how do i know if it is nose heavy and what is the easiest way to compensate? I also heard something about Z-Bars or pushrods or something, is there some issue there as well? I'm 4 hours from a hobby shop but i do have a hardware store nearby.

Any advice with this model or building models in general would be greatly appreciated.

Also any advice for a simulator that is good for this plane? I have bought simtransmitter (Flying Model Simulator) which is very cheap and nasty, is there a downloadable sim worth looking at?

Thanks in advance

Stix
Old 12-06-2008, 05:03 PM
dmurf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Boomerang 40 building tips please

Stixoz, I have had 3 of these two of them met there death and I still fly the third one now and then. I have an OS 46AX in it and fly on 2.4 ghz. The plane balanced spot on with this engine. It is an excellent trainer with no bad habits and it can take alot of abuse. The main landing gear might be a bit on the weak side but i found it ok as if you have a hard landing the wire undercarraige bends and does not rip out. Alot easier to straighten the wire undercarraige than if it was ripped out of the fuse.

Damien