Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Sig Seniorita ARF

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Sig Seniorita ARF

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 02:38 PM
armody
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Seniorita ARF

I pray for economy everyday. Cos of economy I lagged behind in many things, but it's picking up and it would pick up & eventually would be much more better.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:58 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These things are cyclical. It will get better, it always has.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:28 PM
BEAR-AvHistory

ORIGINAL: armody

You're right, but at the moment, economy is making people do what they never did in their entire life. Good things should start coming out soon. Have you guys seen Spektrum is coming out with a new Transmitter TX in 33 days. What kinda Tx it's gonna be and price range.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/
If its the DX-8 IIRC its out in Europe or at least all the details are. Try a search it should turn up the spec page. From what I remember its a nice move forward. The screen is back lighted & the programming uses the same roller system that the DX6i does. Lot easier to set up then the DX-7.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:34 AM
armody
My Feedback: (10)

I think this is the picture for this radio. Here's the link.

http://www.rcheliresource.com/spektrum-dx8-photo/

Here is the link for DX10

http://www.rcheliresource.com/new-sp...-dx8-and-dx10/
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73335.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1441705  
Old 05-24-2010, 11:35 AM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The DX8 looks to be an interesting product. It has a built in telemetry system (a radio link back from the model). Not sure how much information will be available on the down link, but it will be able to monitor the battery and RF link to provide a warning to the pilot by either a vibration or audio buzzer. The latest ad showed the display screen showing the airborne battery voltage. Hopefully this will expand to other info and be open sourced.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:45 PM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Some recent pictures of my Senorita!

Took em during Saturday early afternoon while waiting for the installation of Window Tint on my car in Titusville, Florida!

Old 04-30-2011, 12:46 PM
guapoman2000

What a delightful Saturday morning at Moon Port Modelers RC Club. Just a few showed up and Rodney was kind enough to Video Record my adventures with my new Senorita from NitroPlanes.

This model was bought from a new new RC Modeler named David from Brooksville, Florida and who sold it to me READY-TO-FLY and it is flawless. The Futaba 4-Channel (72-Mhz FM) computer Radio operated and controlled my Senorita Glitched FREE!

When I landed after perhaps 6 minutes tooling around the large Turnigy 3-Cell, 5000mAH battery still measured 11.98 Volts!

In the following Videos, you will see a conservative manner style flying but, off camera I was able (Rodney egged me on) to command the model to do some rolls and loops. If you kick in some rudder the rolls are very axial and clean and the loops are something majestic.

It is a very nice FLOATER and very relaxing model.

Thank you Rodney for recording the Video and thank you David for selling it to me.

Here are the Videos:

Setup:
http://vimeo.com/23082820

Take-Off and Flight:
http://vimeo.com/23083266

Landing & Taxi:
http://vimeo.com/23082911
Old 05-06-2011, 09:14 AM
guapoman2000

Friday, (May 6th, 2011)

It was just great early this morning as I arrived right at 0703 hours (7:03am EST) at Moon Port Modelers RC Club and there was just one member there when I first arrived.

I wasted no time and got out all my Gear and of course the Senorita and proceeded to assemble the model (wing assembly onto the FUSE) etc...

I was able to fly the Senorita for two (2) wonderful flights. The first flight was completely Dead Calm conditions and the 2nd flight was with perhaps nothing over 6 MPH and with a slight gusty conditions. Both flights were picture perfect and even with the 6-MPH conditions I was able to land the Senorita completely Dead Stick (No Motor) and it glided perfectly for the best landing ever. Many there were shocked that this model is being flown with just 3-Cell, Li-POLYs.

Okay, here are a flew static pictures from today, before and after the flights.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:06 PM
guapoman2000

Hi Guys! Again from this early morning....

I missed two (2) Pictures showing the field, Wind Sock and another angle showing my Senorita.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:07 AM
guapoman2000

Another super Saturday early morning at Moon Port Modelers RC Club! As I pulled up to the pit parking to off load my Senorita I noticed that our RC Club president was already there! I arrived right at 7:23am EST and he must have arrived much earlier as he was already taxing his nice E-Flite PITTs with E-Flte Power 25 as I got out of the car and he took off moments later.

I myself wasted no time and took out all my flight gear and then, the Senorita and proceeded to put her together and do a pre-flight check. I was able to fly her for a whopper of 10 minutes with mix throttle and I landed once again with Dead Stick manner. She just floated and floated for a picture perfect landing at mid-point of the field (the best part of the grass field) and she kissed the top grass blades as she came in for a three point landing.

I am just amazed of the graceful and majestic manner this model exhibits.

It is one of my best in the fleet at the moment.

Carlos[8D]
Old 05-10-2011, 06:10 AM
guapoman2000

Tuesday early morning RC Flying!

Wow! Just could not believe how Dead Calm it was today at my Club (Moon Port Modelers RC) in Titusville, Florida. The wind sock was completely vertical all the way until I left.

Arrived right at 7:02am and was able to fly the Senorita for two (2) wonderful and majestic flights. Each flight was 10 minutes using some older generic brand 3-Cell, 5000mAH, 12C discharge, Li-POLYs and they came cucumber Cold from the model and nothing 1/2 throttle was used. And each measured 11.6 Volts after the first flight and 11.52 Volts for the second flight from a Off-The-Charger Voltage of 12.59 Vots.

The lowest throttle setting was reached right at between 1/4 throttle and 1/2 throttle and the model slowed down to the point that you can admire every detail of the model as it passed by the pilots station.

My goodness, this model really has a very nice flight characteristics.

Each landing was performed completely Dead Stick (No Power).

Carlos
Old 06-11-2011, 04:09 PM
guapoman2000

Now who put that Ugly Palm Tree there!

Well guys,

I really did it and very Embarrassing to say the least!

Was flying at my new RC Club and my buddy did in fact come with his nice Digital Camera and as he was approaching to the flight line I had already been flying the model for perhaps 3 minutes and decided to bring it down lower so, he could capture some neat closeup views of the model as it passed close.

This club has this one lonely palm tree at the edge of a pond and would you know it that I just did not think the model was coming anywhere close to it and BAM!

The model actually landed on this Palm tree and had enough momentum that it came up and over the freaking palm tree and slid downwards nose first on the ground. Certainly, my good buddy Gerry (simano) was kind enough not to take any pictures of the sort and instead came over to help me along with another good friend Ed (Ed eFlyer) to pick up the pieces. Fortunately, the pieces were large and not in itty bitty sticks!

Last night (Wednesday late evening to Thursday early morning) I performed an all "nighter" to repair my beloved model and I was amazed that it turned out very well, if I can say so myself.

A few pictures!

First, I tackled the main structure brace where the wing securing piece will be glued later:

Second, I went ahead and repaired the frontal FUSE bracing to make sure the FUSE structure will be maintained straight as I continue to glue the other smaller pieces:

More pictures of the repairs!

Repairs Complete!

She is Beautiful Again!

For those wondering, the flimsy Cowling repairs I used an adhesive mylar film known as ORACAL Intermediate 651 with the exact high gloss matching color.

I could have done a better job in first using Fiberglass cloth but, I really did not want to spend that kind of time into it and just applied the adhesive film stripes inside to keep the cowling from breaking apart any more while handling and then, applied a good amount on the outside.

This film is very strong and has very good adhesive properties so, much that if you make a mistake you need to be careful how you remove the product, otherwise your cowling will be ripped up even more.

Carlos
Old 06-11-2011, 04:11 PM
guapoman2000

Guys!

Early this morning my beloved and repaired SIG Senorita took to the Air at approximately 8:06am at Moon Port Modelers RC Club in Titusville, Florida.

The model flew like nothing has ever happen to it.

I was able to perform loops, rolls, and hammer heads with ease.

Repairs a complete success!

Gerry (simano) came with his brand new Minolta X-s Digital SLR Camera at the Club and took lots of pictures of the Senorita.

Stay tuned!opcorn:
Old 06-11-2011, 08:22 PM
guapoman2000

As promised, Gerry (simano) provided these at the local club talk thread around yesterday late evening.

Thank you Gerry!

Right Before Taxi Off to Mid-Field!

Take-off

Inverted Flight

Close Mid-Air Collision

Roll

Landing - Kissing the Grass Blades!

Back Home Safely!

Me and my Senorita!
Yeee Haaaa!
Old 06-12-2011, 03:00 AM
schnepel

Well Done!
Old 06-12-2011, 03:27 AM
CGRetired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know why, but I thought it was a glow Siniorita. As it turns out, it's Eeeeeeelectric. Just an observation that means absolutely nothing..

Very nice job restoring after your crash. Very nice job!!! I really like the looks of that plane. Thanks for posting the photo's. They were great with lots of outstanding detail.

CGr.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:42 AM
guapoman2000

Thanks for those kind words!

I waited for over one week and a half before I tackled the repairs as I was disgusted about busting it up in such sorry totally avoidable manner. After I was finished beating myself up quietly I then, decided to fix the lady.

Just for everyone's information, I sneaked out of the house early this morning and flew my Senorita at the same RC Club with wide open spaces

She was delightful. But, as the morning progressed, it sure got pretty hot!

I stayed at the Club for a little over 3 hours and finally called it a Sunday morning and enough flying. Large Cowboy hot in Black was not enough to keep that Sun at bay so, I went home and the Senorita is still in one piece!

Thanks again for those kind words on my repairs and the looks of this model guys!

Carlos
Old 06-12-2011, 09:17 AM
guapoman2000

Oh, I almost forgot!

On Friday morning at the same Moon Port Modelers RC Club and on the way to work. I picked up a nice and large KADET LT-40 that someone left on the "FREE TO PICK UP" Table assignment. I looked over it and it still has the Aileron Servo (Standard Size) on the mid area of the wing (using one servo for ailerons). The FUSE looks in great shape and still has all the push rods for nose wheel steering, rudder, and elevator but, needs the servos.

The model was built strong for Glow but, I am sure this will be a great Electric Trainer using a 4-Cell Li-POLY Power System and swinging a good size propeller such as 13 inch.

I will think of opening a new thread for the build and cross reference it here in case some of you might be interested.

One person came over "Rodney" and whispered in my ear saying it flys like a DOG? I asked you mean it flys SLOW? He replied Yes! So, I replied, "exactly what I am looking for!"
Old 06-16-2011, 08:53 PM
guapoman2000

Just to show you how well this Model reacts with the E-Flite Power 25 on just 3-Cell Li-POLYs.....take a look at this effortless Loop!

Old 06-17-2011, 04:49 AM
CGRetired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: guapoman2000

Oh, I almost forgot!

On Friday morning at the same Moon Port Modelers RC Club and on the way to work. I picked up a nice and large KADET LT-40 that someone left on the ''FREE TO PICK UP'' Table assignment. I looked over it and it still has the Aileron Servo (Standard Size) on the mid area of the wing (using one servo for ailerons). The FUSE looks in great shape and still has all the push rods for nose wheel steering, rudder, and elevator but, needs the servos.

The model was built strong for Glow but, I am sure this will be a great Electric Trainer using a 4-Cell Li-POLY Power System and swinging a good size propeller such as 13 inch.

I will think of opening a new thread for the build and cross reference it here in case some of you might be interested.

One person came over ''Rodney'' and whispered in my ear saying it flys like a DOG? I asked you mean it flys SLOW? He replied Yes! So, I replied, ''exactly what I am looking for!''
Well, it's a trainer!!! It's supposed to fly slow.

I think there would be a lot of interest in that conversion "build thread". Go for it.

If you are having any difficulty with figuring out the power for that plane, check out the thread on Wattmeters in this forum.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10576925/tm.htm

There is a lot of good info there.. but after looking over your pictures of the Sinorita you probably don't need any help..

CGr.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:25 PM
guapoman2000

Default Senorita Flew again 07-31-2015

Guys,

Seems like I flew her too fast and the AFT Right Wing Covering (trailing edge) came apart from the Balsa!

After almost 5 minutes up high, I decided to bring her in and perhaps in doing so, I didn't take care of the speed and wind. However, I am surprised since I don't keep this model in the hot garage and instead inside the Air conditioned Master Bedroom!

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/3/3/7/6/8/5/a8106895-217-Senorita1%2007-31-2015.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Senorita1 07-31-2015.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	393.7 KB
ID:	2111979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Senorita2 07-31-2015.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	455.9 KB
ID:	2111980   Click image for larger version

Name:	Senorita3 07-31-2015.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	309.5 KB
ID:	2111981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Senorita4 07-31-2015.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	587.9 KB
ID:	2111982   Click image for larger version

Name:	Senorita5 07-31-2015.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	471.3 KB
ID:	2111983   Click image for larger version

Name:	Senorita6 07-31-2015.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	2111984  

Last edited by guapoman2000; 07-30-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:35 PM
guapoman2000

Guys,

A nice new Hangar9 sealing iron did the trick and she is good as new!

Will try for Friday morning Operations and see if the covering keeps tacked on and of course, I will take it easy on the throtte.

Regards,
Guapo
Old 02-11-2018, 09:20 AM
guapoman2000

Guys!

Amazing that after perhaps more than 2 years not having any activity on my SIG Senorita, I finally got my lazy Rusty Dusty and fixed a broken Aileron Plastic Horn (Stock Hardware). I replaced it with a Nylon Horn and all I had to do was drill new holes at the Hardwood Block within the Aileron.

Total of three Flights and some additional issues came up such as:

1. During the 1st flight of the day, Denis alerted me that there was fluttering noise coming from my Senorita. It was It was the Left inboard - trailing wing and Jeff saved the day by providing me with some 3M clear packing tape.

2. During the 2nd Flight, the model lost (Prop and Prop Adapter) came OFF after take-off. Landed it like a Pro with lots of cross wind and very gusty conditions.

Third Flight (3rd) was magic, even though the wind situation was even worse, the model flew like there was no wind and sport acrobatics was possible.

Some pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	a10723941-68-Aileron%20Horn1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	2254222

New Nylon Horn

Name:	a10723942-234-pic1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	2254223

Post Flight(s) Pictures!

Name:	a10723943-252-pic2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	459.3 KB
ID:	2254224

Name:	a10723944-71-pic3.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	436.9 KB
ID:	2254225

Name:	a10723945-56-pic4.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	384.2 KB
ID:	2254226

Name:	a10723946-169-pic5.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	398.1 KB
ID:	2254227

Last edited by guapoman2000; 02-11-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:29 AM
guapoman2000

Default Starting Off with the New Year 2020 on the right track!

Guys,

I am starting off correctly with the new 2020 year by taking my beloved large lady of the skys, SIG Senorita.

It flew like a DREAM!

Old 01-01-2020, 11:23 AM
j3df

Good looking airplane!!!

Josh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.