Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

It's nice to get your trainer out again...

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

It's nice to get your trainer out again...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 09:08 PM
f2racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's nice to get your trainer out again...

I've been having a rough spell. My last 3 times out resulted in 4 repair jobs on two different planes (I had 2 trees grab 2 different planes), a couple of hard landings with my overweight Dragon Lady 40 (I broke 3 props in one day). But today, I took my Avistar out. It was wonderful. I spent 2 hours at the field, and almost continuously had the plane in the air, the only time the plane was on the ground was to refuel and practice landings. I must have done a dozen landings, greased all of them except one I tried to do with a bad crosswind, but even that was mild compared to some of the nylon bolt breaking landings that I do with my Dragon Lady. The best thing is how well the engine ran, considering it hasn't been run in over 2 months, and I did absolutely no adjustments to it while I was out flying. My Avistar is powered by a TT GP 42, and it's by far the best running engine I own. It idles at a very slow 2400-2500 rpm, but has near vertical capability with the 5lb Avistar, and transitions are close to telepathic. And best of all no deadsticks in over 60 flights!!! So my suggestion to anyone with a string of bad luck is to get out that dusty old trainer and enjoy...
Old 04-07-2002, 10:16 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Hey, I here ya big time!!!! I have my LT-40 downstairs and some times it's just nice to get it out and have some fun, shoot a lot of touch and goes. We all have a time or 2 or 3.... that things just don't seem to mesh and we need something like a trainer to get back in the groove, nothing wrong with that. The hobby is to fly and have a fun time doing it and white knuckle time and crashes out the ying yang just doesn't fall under fun.
Old 04-08-2002, 12:17 PM
going down

Default easy fly 40

i'm with u all. went and bought a trainer to start all over again.
somewhere along the way i lost my touch of what i had. this easy fly 40 is something. well built and comes with a metal engine mount with a bracket that holds the engine. the only thing is the push rods. hanger 9 did a great job with the plane, but why they put them flimsly rods with it i don't know. i agree don't sell the trainer.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:38 PM
Fastsky

Default Sneaky Trees

Ya, I just hat when those sneaky trees rush up and grab the planes! And they don't do it nicely Either!
Old 04-13-2002, 02:19 AM
crossed thumbs-delete

I know what you are saying. Sometimes I get my LT40 out and sit in a lawn chair and just fly.
Old 04-13-2002, 04:55 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

i think at my club they have a day where everyone just brings out there old trainers and flies them. seems like a fun idea
Old 04-13-2002, 09:59 AM
DESERT RATT
My Feedback: (7)

Default TRAINER

I have a TAUB that I really enjoy taking out and flying once in a while. It seems that every time that I take it out I like it so much I fly it for about three days before it gets put away. 40 sized OS 40 FP. Just glides through the air!

LAZY DAYS.

RON in NEVADA
Old 04-13-2002, 11:10 AM
IMAC Buff
My Feedback: (8)

As they say thou who wander nearith the divine Oak will be plumith toward thy earth and, well you know the rest!

Craig