Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Park Zone T-28 Trojan problems

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Park Zone T-28 Trojan problems

Old 09-11-2010, 08:26 PM
sparkx38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park Zone T-28 Trojan problems

I am realatively new to electric flight and am having problems with my new Park Zone T-28D Trojan BNF. I have only flown it three times and have not had the first problem. I took it out last friday and it flew like a champ. Took it out saturday with a fully charged battry and first time out when ever i would throttle up to half speed or more the motor starts surging. Am I having a esc problem? motor problem maybe? Any help would be gratefull. Thanks
Old 09-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Cpt Crash
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Park Zone T-28 Trojan problems

The surging is probably the BEC kicking in. For some reason, your battery is not fully charged or it may be defective. If the battery is old, it may be beyond its service life.

I purchased a new 2100 mAh E-flite battery for my T-28 and took it out for a bit of flying. Did a quick flight of about 3 minutes just to see how things worked out, and then landed. Took off again, and on the first lap around the pattern as I buzzed by, I heard the surging of low power. Damn. Should have landed, but like a fool tried to go around and set up an approach. The power dropped, the BEC shut off the motor, and I glided in to a shrub. No damage. Turns out the "new" battery had sat on the shelf for too long. Fortunately, the good folks at the shop were only too happy to get me a fresh one, which performed as expected.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:54 AM
ChuckW

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely sounds like a low battery and the ESC is trying to tell you this. Are you using the little DC charger that came with the airplane? If so, try another charger that shows voltage and mAH put into the battery.

If the battery is OK, then you could possibly have a voltage drop through the connector or something or possibly a bad ESC. The battery is the first place I would look though,
Old 09-12-2010, 11:16 AM
freakingfast
My Feedback: (3)

It's pretty easy to misread the blinky lights on the charger and think you started a charge, or as others have stated the battery pack is shot. There are other brand packs that can use the Park Zone charger, some may need a charge adapter. See your local hobby shop. You can press the pins out of the back of the power plug, re solder to the new pack and seat them back in the plug. If they are seated correctly, they should be able to rotate. Take care not to short wires even for a second on old or new packs and note polarity of the pins. What I found out is the quality name brand 2100mAh lipo packs are less expensive, fly longer and have more speed and punch due to the higher "C" rating you can get them at.

I cant tell you what packs I purchased, because I'm not at that location right now. My local hobby shop helped me out.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:12 PM
sparkx38

Turns out somehow how the esc programmming got off and was looking for a 4s battery
Old 07-19-2021, 10:07 AM
Pasantia

Default Motor problem

Originally Posted by Cpt Crash View Post
The surging is probably the BEC kicking in. For some reason, your battery is not fully charged or it may be defective. If the battery is old, it may be beyond its service life.

I purchased a new 2100 mAh E-flite battery for my T-28 and took it out for a bit of flying. Did a quick flight of about 3 minutes just to see how things worked out, and then landed. Took off again, and on the first lap around the pattern as I buzzed by, I heard the surging of low power. Damn. Should have landed, but like a fool tried to go around and set up an approach. The power dropped, the BEC shut off the motor, and I glided in to a shrub. No damage. Turns out the "new" battery had sat on the shelf for too long. Fortunately, the good folks at the shop were only too happy to get me a fresh one, which performed as expected.
I have the same problem it turned out to be the motor friction has cut off the wire.I will post pictures later
Old 07-19-2021, 10:11 AM
Pasantia

Default Motor problem

It has been flying real good until recently I lost forever the motor and I smell something burning it turned out to be the murder case rubbing into the wire