RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Beginners (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/)
-   -   Pulled a noob move today (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/10259669-pulled-noob-move-today.html)

Mr. Canadian 01-12-2011 11:11 PM

Pulled a noob move today

Well today I was breaking in my new Super Tigre G90 motor, when it had got flooded. So I do the usual of pull the glow plug and proceed to crank it over. Well in doing so I totally forgot with the way I start my engines, that the top of the motor is directly under my face.......... so after ten minutes of swearing, spittin fuel and washing my burning eyes I decided my engine was a little too rich :)

scooterinvegas 01-12-2011 11:31 PM

RE: Pulled a noob move today

Bet you wont do that again for a few weeks!! :D

Hewey19 01-13-2011 04:41 AM

I did that at the flying field one day in front of everyone.  I felt like such a tool.  I took out the glow plug and then hit the engine with my electric starter.  Man fuel went everywhere!

MinnFlyer 01-13-2011 05:21 AM

HA! You guys are so stupid!

I'd say more but right now my head is glued to the desk and it's hard to type like this.

jp_boud 01-13-2011 06:03 AM

Not as bad as the day 3 of us tried like *&amp; %$ to get my engine started.....with out a glow starter attached....for the better part of an hour!<font size="2"></font>

bogbeagle 01-13-2011 06:14 AM

I'd say more but right now my head is glued to the desk and it's hard to type like this.

It's not often that I read something which makes me laugh out loud.

ArcticCatRider 01-13-2011 07:11 AM

This reminds me of the time I used my mouth to siphon gasoline

pkevinb 01-13-2011 07:14 AM

I've done that myself once, or was it twice? Then I learned to put a rag over the top of the engine.

jester_s1 01-13-2011 07:21 AM

I think Minnflyer needs a smaller desk.

rlipsett 01-13-2011 12:22 PM

You want to hear a good one I recently tried to fly one of my four stroke airplanes after not being able to buy 20/20 fuel for my ys engine. been using 2 stroke planes. I forgot when fueling the 4 stroke to disconnect the vent tube from the the one way valve connected to the engine. Ys engines use a pressurized fuel tank system. well I pumped fuel into the tank and the pressure in the tank kept building and building until finally the fuel filler hose popped off. The tank of fuel immediatly started spraying under pressure everywhere in my mouth up my nose all over my glasses in the eyes and all over my hair and clothes. I am now good for another year at least.

oldtyme 01-13-2011 01:43 PM

ORIGINAL: ArcticCatRider

This reminds me of the time I used my mouth to siphon gasoline
Yeah and then had to wait a few minutes to light that next cigarette!! [X(]