RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Beginners (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/)
-   -   NEED HELP binding transmitter to receiver (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/11665666-need-help-binding-transmitter-receiver.html)

BIGMIG 06-06-2019 02:32 PM

NEED HELP binding transmitter to receiver

Hope to find some help here with a problem I'm having trying to bind a radio transmitter with a receiver. I have built and flown gas airplanes for many years in the past but have been away from this for a long time now. I was also very active here on RCU in the RC Tank section for several years. Now to my problem......

Several years ago now I bought a Cessna 182 6 channel electric plane from Banana hobby. I know very little about electric models so I took this plane up to my nephews house where at that time he had a field nearby and he flew the plane for me two times to check it out and it worked and flew very well. Well I set it back on the shelf and it has set there for several years. I decided I wanted to start flying again so I got it down and dusted it off, new battery's in the transmitter, charged the main battery. Looked it over and everything looked like new and turned the transmitter on and plugged in the battery to the receiver. This model has navigation lights and flaps....The lights came on and also came on the little control module for the flap control. Also it beeped a few times and the red light on the receiver was flashing red. This is as far as it will let me get.??

I assume for some reason the transmitter came un-bound from the receiver. I went on YouTube and found an old video that Banana hobbies had posted on how to bind this specific model plane and radio. The procedure is...Radio off....push in the binding button on the radio transmitter....on the receiver top of the connector pins attach the binding plug to the (BATT) position....Then plug in the main battery to the receiver....The red light flashes....(this was all done ).......Then you turn on the transmitter and the light on the transmitter should be green and the flashing light on the receiver should go out....You then pull the jumper plug off the BATT position on the receiver and the red light should turn on as a solid red light and the binding procedure should be complete....NOT THE CASE............When I turned on the transmitter the power light was red....sometimes even looked like it was blinking....The flashing light never went out on the receiver like it was suppose too.....?? That's where I'm at......I hope someone can help me figure this out....

Thanking you in advance BIGMIG

BIGMIG 06-06-2019 02:43 PM

This is a picture of the airplane and transmitter...Guess I don't know how to post pictures here anymore ?

BIGMIG 06-07-2019 06:40 PM

Well I was a little surprised not to get some advice yet from a radio tech type guru on what might be a solution to the problem I'm having. Maybe I'm the only one to ever have this type problem with the 2.4 radio transmitter.?

Well having the urge to try and get back flying again and having a new electric model plane (although this plane set for several years ) and the transmitter and receiver let me down...Nothing wrong with the plane so I just ordered a new 8 channel radio and receiver with a 10 plane memory $79.00....When it arrives i'll swap it out and start flying...But thanks anyway......
BIGMIG

Stickslammer 06-10-2019 08:58 AM

Sorry you didn't get a response sooner from someone. I haven`t been back here for a while. I`m not a guru and this might be moot since you have a new radio set coming, but your binding problem just might be caused by a lack of distance between the radio and receiver. I have a Spektrum 6 and have had this trouble a few times while binding.