RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Beginners (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/)
-   -   Cross like symbol on a Lucky Stick (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/11673420-cross-like-symbol-lucky-stick.html)

Real2You 12-28-2019 09:47 PM

Cross like symbol on a Lucky Stick

Does anyone know the name of that cross like symbol you see on a lot of the "stik" planes? I want to put them on my lucky stick but can't find any....I imagine I could guess and trace them out but I was hoping to find one online or pick some up at a hobby store.

RBACONS 12-29-2019 01:41 AM

Iron Cross

ho2zoo 12-29-2019 02:31 AM

Also called a Maltese Cross. I have an ugly stick and a couple times got comments like, "Why is there a Swastika on your plane?". Dingbats. No, it's NOT a swastika!

I have made a cardboard pattern using a compass. Then cut it out of Monokote.

pkoury 12-29-2019 08:02 AM

Major Decals - Industrial Etching, Inc. / Northeast Screen Graphics - Manufacturers of Fine Etched and Silk Screen Printed Products Any sign shop should be able to cut them out of vinyl.

Real2You 12-29-2019 09:20 AM

Thanks guys for the name...there are plenty of examples online that I could print out and use to do a cut out on monokote. I'm actually now leaning on using a different symbol. Thanks again.

jester_s1 12-31-2019 06:04 AM

The reason for the crosses is that the Fokker Eindecker fighters were a loose inspiration for the design. A butt ugly real plane that flew pretty well led to a butt ugly model plane that flies superbly!

Real2You 12-31-2019 07:15 AM

And I just noticed last night that I made mine uglier by using two different shades of red monocote. Oh well...I'm a beginner....you live and learn!

jester_s1 01-01-2020 08:52 AM

Sticks should be ugly. It's your beater plane, meant to be flown until it falls apart. They don't even look right to me until there are a couple of patches on them.

Real2You 01-01-2020 02:55 PM

I'm glad you said that....I didn't build this plane to be in pristine shape....I figure I will learn on it(along with a kadet I just finished)….everything is straight and plumb...but I didn't sand the heck out of it or spend a lot of time making the monokote look perfect. Like you said...gonna be my beater plane. Come to think of it...I could have tried my best and it wouldn't look perfect as putting on monokote takes some practice!

AllModesR/C 01-07-2020 11:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ho2zoo (Post 12572487)
I have an ugly stick and a couple times got comments like, "Why is there a Swastika on your plane?". Dingbats. No, it's NOT a swastika!

Somebody actually asked you that? I would have replied that it's none of your business. A guy at one field I used to fly at had a ducted fan Me-262 with a swazi. Like this plane but it was ivory in color.

Attachment 2266045

ho2zoo 01-08-2020 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by AllModesR/C (Post 12574479)
Somebody actually asked you that? I would have replied that it's none of your business. A guy at one field I used to fly at had a ducted fan Me-262 with a swazi. Like this plane but it was ivory in color.

Attachment 2266045

Yup, really happened. Some people slept through history class!