RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Beginners (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/)
-   -   A Big Thank You to Sig for replacement parts (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/6677087-big-thank-you-sig-replacement-parts.html)

iluvflying 11-26-2007 05:45 PM

A Big Thank You to Sig for replacement parts

I screwed my elevators up along with the wire connecting rod and told Sig as much today. I wanted to order a new set, and was at first told " we don't break up kits for parts..." tech put me on hold then customer service rep came on and got my name,etc and said they parts were on the way no cost! :)

Now if I can only drill the holes correctly this time around[:o]

Philip in Austin,TX

TCrafty 11-26-2007 07:07 PM

RE: A Big Thank You to Sig for replacement parts

Kudos to SIG. All too often, we're quick to flame but slow to praise when someone does good by us. I had a similar great experience with Cermark. Thanks for a great post with the warm fuzzies. :D

RCKen 11-26-2007 08:01 PM

Sig has a long history of outstanding customer support. It's great to see that it's still alive and well today!!!

Ken

w8ye 11-26-2007 09:11 PM

In the past, Great Planes have been known to supply kit parts.

Mooney_driver 11-26-2007 10:17 PM

I would like to second this! I recently purchased a Sig Kadet Mark 2 on ebay and when it arrived the plans were missing. I emailed Sig and then read on their web site that they would not supply missing parts for kits not purchased from them directly or one of their dealers. So today I called them expecting to have to buy a set of plans but was told that they were sending me a set to make up for the shortage.

Their customer support is very good!

Thank you Sig.

troposcuba 11-28-2007 12:02 AM

another one for ya... i was not paying attention last week and set my field battery on the canopy for my SSE doing a good job of smashing it. i was gonna try to make my own, but a call to Sig had one in the mail the next day. cheap too... can't beat that. was back in the air soon afterward.

perpetualrepair 11-28-2007 04:30 PM

Have another to tell. broke a upper wing cabane strut fitting on my Sun Dancer, phoned SIG and they are on their way no charge, had a 4 * 60 kit that was missing a whole sheet of parts same deal,
Incredible company with great customer support, am proud to fly their products.

haasjj 11-29-2007 10:46 AM

Thats why some companys have so many loyal customers and others just get bashed. Great customer support will bring a customer back easier than good products and bad customer support, and with a company like SIG you get both great customer support and good products. I wish more companys would learn this, but there to worried about the next customer instead of their loyal customers. There is nothing wrong with pleasing the next customer but don't forget about the guy ar gal who just walked out the door.

dwilt72 11-29-2007 05:42 PM

Good customer support is a big deal with me. If a company gives me good support they have a customer for life, unless they do something to prove otherwise. I have 2 Sig's, an LT-40 and a 4* 60 ARF that I am going to build after the first of the year. I have been really happy with the LT-40. It is built well and has held up to some rough landings from this rookie, however the only damage has been a bent nose wheel (my fault).

On a similar note, I recently wanted to go buy some larger wheels for my LT-40. I forgot to bring the wheels to work with me, so I just called Sig and they were able to tell me over the phone what size wheels the plane came with. Good customer support makes me proud to fly their planes.

Missileman 11-29-2007 06:12 PM

My turn :D
I built my trainer from a kit SIG Kadet Senior but because the kit was 3 channel I modified the wings to add strip ailerons. Not knowing much about things and no info in the kit manual about ailerons I called SIG to see what the recommended throws and CoG was for the ARF version that was 4 channel. Not only did they provide the info, they sent me an instruction manual for the ARF which helped quite a bit.
PS: That Kadet Senior that I built from a box of sticks is on its third student and still going strong, what a great airplane :D