RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Boats - Full Scale (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/boats-full-scale-253/)
-   -   hot boats(real ones) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/boats-full-scale-253/1804145-hot-boats-real-ones.html)

tsunami 05-10-2004 10:16 PM

hot boats(real ones)

Okay all of you with "real"(talkin 18-23footers with 500+hp) hot boats show em here.
ill get pics of our creations as soon as my cam works including the rediculously over powered flat bottem(try 1400 horse for size in an 18ft race layup hull). That things made the entirety of bluewaters residents come to see what was goin(some one removed the boeys that weekend,wonder who.

any rate I'll say what weve got
18ft Daytona jet with 700Hp hilborn injection
18ft Race layup style flatty with 1400Hp twin carb Blown moter(trust me we carry all our fuel)
18ft Curtiss vee hull jet currently being repared so moter is up for debate(might get the 598ci blown moter)

lets see em
Tsunami

hoghappy 05-28-2004 08:27 AM

RE: hot boats(real ones)

1 Attachment(s)
Ok...here's mine! :D

ganja420 06-24-2004 07:08 PM

i aint got no big ass boats like that but i come from a boating family and we just bought a 36"ft hunter (sailboat) its great

bt224 07-23-2004 03:36 PM

Hunter

Great, I race on a Hunter 356. Nice boat, not fast, but nice.

Tommygun 05-26-2005 05:40 PM

RE: Hunter

1 Attachment(s)
Probably not a "real" hotboat like what you're talking about, but this is my 23' Stingray. 454 Magnum, Bravo 1 outdrive and thru-hull exhaust. Great boat for cruising the river and wakeboarding. And hitting the waterfront bars. I'd like to go with a Gil or Imco aftermarket exhaust, and maybe a cam. Hey tsunami, are you on speedwake?

yates9 05-26-2005 10:59 PM

Here is ours. A gas turbine powered 21' daycruiser. We are selling it. Make sure you guys look at our videos and sound files!

[link=http://www.turbine-powered.com]www.turbine-powered.com[/link]

[email protected]

LaRgEsCaLeRaCeR 06-17-2005 10:14 AM

would suck if it sunk

LaRgEsCaLeRaCeR 06-17-2005 10:24 AM

i have a 21ft ranger with a 275 verado on it if that counts as a hot boat

Pilot Chad 07-24-2005 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I find this boat to be pretty hot and sexy.

I included of picture of me in there also :D

Goinstraightup 08-17-2005 10:09 AM

Sweet!

nick88 10-01-2005 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is considered a HOT BOAT!! This is a 36 foot Skater cat style boat. The top speed of it is over 135 M.P.H. It has twin 1575 scorpion turbo charged engines. This is a bad *** boat.

tsunami 10-02-2005 01:57 AM

i think ive seen that hull before. and me personally i dont call the big boys hotboats,

ive ridden in one of htm's old sr24 test boats at 116mph and it was a caddy man but it wasnt near as fun as the 18 ft daytona, sorry to say i never did get pics of it or the flatty and they have enchanged owners, the htm got a new 597ci dropped in place of the 598 bottem end, the 598 bottem end may now end up in a 18 ft race layup MPH hydro that the htm's owner aquired, and the kurtis now sports a blown alch moter, the gas moter we had placed in it after the old big boy got roasted becouse of some crome shavings off the crank but its still a funn river boat once it gets rolling. also we recently got a new toy for me. a hoped up seadoo, man it tries to rip you off but its only 2 cylnders, but it easily is keeping up with anything else ive seen at needles. ill try to get pics and scann em next time i have a chance, although it could be a while

87porsche 10-03-2005 08:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres me and my dad ,me in the stock mercury him in the mods

87porsche 10-03-2005 09:02 PM

ok making sure i put the pics on rite
-88N blue wight boat with blue engine.
- it has a 70 hp 3 cylinder OMC engine block that my dad ported to be exactlly like the mod-50 engine with the domed head and mod-50 exhast they used to run them on the open capsul tunnel boats, it was a factory racing engine from OMC and a speed master lowerunit and costom drive leg. (took him three winters to complete) it runs in the mid to high 90's. boat is 13feet
(hydro)
-The small blue and wight boat with mercury 15hp is me and im 13 it runs in the mid 50's the boat is 7-8 feet long
-the engine is stock but the lower unit is a shortened racing lowerunit.

-IN the red,orange, and black boat is also my dad . This boat is my favorite. it is 13.4 feet and all carbon fiber most boats are certified ply wood and spruse, cicus spruse, only light stuff . the boat is only 80lbs. he runs it with the blue mod-50 type of engine he runs on his hydro and a runabout is usually 5-10 mph off of a hydro and this boat runs in the mid -high 80. In the picture he is runing a open megaphone mercury 55h thunder bolt witch is 4 cylinders and also hevily modified and is awwsom to hear when stock it is 50 hp ( dont know how much hp is it know) even though this egine is hevely modifies there are some people that come to the nationals and there engines are so modified they only last one heat till they blow a reed cage or something and one heat is 21/2 - 3 mile or 3 laps and ther e are usualy 2 heats. but the one in the puicture runs around 80mph.

screamer25cc 10-20-2005 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here.....

dicknadine 12-11-2005 03:38 PM

you guy's make my mouth water for the old days, when we campained the Unlimited Race boats around the counrty, from homebase of Detroit, Mich. was crew chief on Horace Dodge's My Sweetee and others. all Unlimited multi step hydro's,Allison and Rolls power. no 3 pointers. sure was fun and work. Nadine was a widow many weekends. just have to be satisfied with my model airplanes. no photo's left, all went with Katrina. dick

vwfreak 12-20-2005 01:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
14'6" Mirage Cheeta Formula 3 / SST-60 Tunnel Hull powered by a 75hp Johnson Stinger
I picked this up a couple years ago now and run it with a local performance boat club mostly ( no racing ).

Currently runs approx. 75mph, but has potential to run faster with some more $$ thrown at it.
It's been registered and insured so I can run it without hassles from the local police, as long as I have the required safety equipment, bailing bucket, heaving line, paddle, etc... They love to pick on me, but no tickets yet;).

vwfreak,

cornelje 12-26-2005 01:05 PM

ORIGINAL: nick88
It has twin 1575 scorpion turbo charged engines.
Those are blowers, not turbos. My neighbor runs a hi-po shop and builds a lot of boats around this area (southwest michigan). Most of the guys he build motors for spend more money on outdrives than they do the motors. One guy spent >60k on just the outdrive. I should get some pics up of some of the boats and motors. His boat runs a single 540ci twin turbo motor in his. 112mph for a family boat is quite fast :)

sfleuriet 03-19-2006 02:35 PM

That turbine-powered boat is amazing. I watched all the vids - so sweet [8D][8D]

mirage-twin 07-05-2006 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my dad's boat, it has two 377 cu. strokers for total of 700hp and 830 ft/lb torque, and has run 75 mph on gps. It is 1 of 4, 25 foot mirages with twin engines. Soon to have a custom carbon fibre hatch with two racing scoops and other upgrades. Still nothing like that skater in a previous post. (picture has been modified on photoshop to what the boat will look like soon.)

mirage-twin 07-05-2006 11:58 AM

I just realized that is the honeyman skater, he flipped the boat on lake havasu not too long ago.

CadillacDTS2001 07-12-2006 02:51 PM

had 2 skaters
a 36 foot , and a 32 foot , quarter canopy's
the 32 accelerated from 0 - 100mph in 12 seconds , and the 36 with twin 1150 hp's at 167 mph
all white boats , not into the graphics as much , we sold them soon after , there just wasn't a point to have them ,

we are now looking at another skater , the little 28 with OB's , cuz its more suited for our lake
il try to scan some pics if i can find them lol , it was before i had a digital
oh and the on I'm my avatar is my buddy Graham Neale , who set 2 records in skater history
fastest total production skater and cat boat in 1999- 2005 and then his other record was on his newest one for the fastets acceleration pleasure/race boat in all of northamerica

Dannn 08-04-2006 11:21 PM

i watched one of the little open cockpit 15 foot hydroplanes with a 110 blackmax break in half on its way into a bay because the guy hit a wave wrong...

Raylon 08-05-2006 09:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: eyekandyboats.inc

had 2 skaters
a 36 foot , and a 32 foot , quarter canopy's
the 32 accelerated from 0 - 100mph in 12 seconds , and the 36 with twin 1150 hp's at 167 mph
all white boats , not into the graphics as much , we sold them soon after , there just wasn't a point to have them ,

we are now looking at another skater , the little 28 with OB's , cuz its more suited for our lake
il try to scan some pics if i can find them lol , it was before i had a digital
oh and the on I'm my avatar is my buddy Graham Neale , who set 2 records in skater history
fastest total production skater and cat boat in 1999- 2005 and then his other record was on his newest one for the fastets acceleration pleasure/race boat in all of northamerica
Not only are real Cat's impractical(I think that's the word), they require constant work and don't hold their value. Around here you can buy a 28 foot cat for about 50 grand. And the person that owned it probably put about 100 grand just into the motor to keep it running.

Oh, OB's, gasburner's, BIG time. One came into our cove and I loved ti so much I decided to take a picture of it.

I also found the Bud Select boat at our lake, also got some pic's of it.

Wild Foamy 10-13-2006 08:34 AM

you americans are so lucky to have boats like that cruising around...

im stuck here in england with rowing boats and trawlers [:o]