Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

endoplasm motor help anyone good with motors

Old 07-29-2003, 06:15 PM
midnitedew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default endoplasm motor help anyone good with motors

Hi , i have a superstar EP and jusr bought a Kyosho Endoplasm motor and am planning to use it as a driect drive with a 6x3 prop... first of all will this work ok? i used motocalc and it should work... just not sure if i did it correctly just asking and looking for pointers... thank you
Old 07-29-2003, 07:35 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't use the Kyosho Endoplasma in a direct drive application. The Kv is too high so it needs to be geared.

Use the Magnetic Mayhem motor with your 6x3 prop instead. It draws about 12amps with a 6x4 prop on 7-8 cells.

For a bigger power increase, use a 7x5 prop with an ESC and battery that can handle 20-22amps.

Good luck!
Old 07-30-2003, 11:08 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, the Superstar EP really cries out for a gearbox and a big prop. A tiny 6x3 on such a large, draggy plane will be pretty disappointing.

My advice is to keep the Endoplasma, get a Great Planes GD600 gearbox, and go from there. The only problem with this advice is that for the life of me, I can't remember the gear ratio and prop size to use with and Endoplasma on 7 cells!!!

I just ran some Pcalc (not exactly accurate) numbers, and I estimate the Endoplasma with the GD600's stock 2.5:1 ratio would draw low-20's Amps with an 8x6 prop on 7 cells. It looks like a good match to me. You could go to a 9x6 if you find performance lacking. HOWEVER, you need to make sure you have an ESC that can take ~30 Amps, so you might want to look into purchasing the Great Planes C-30 or C-50 ESC for this plane.