Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

e-starter prop

Old 07-30-2003, 02:27 AM
Hi-C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-starter prop

getting closer to haveing the e-starter ready. so far its setup like this

15 amp speed control
8.4V 730mHa battery
i think the isc 300 motor
hitec hs-55 feather servos
hitec laser 4 radio and recever

Anyway i don't like the look of the 2 blade prop on the plane does anyone make a 3 or 4 blade and what pitch and size would you all recomend. And what affect on performance would this have?
Old 07-30-2003, 11:38 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default e-starter prop

GWS makes several 3 and 4-bladed props. As a general rule of thumb, you drop down one inch in diameter, and/or one inch in pitch for each blade you add.

If you start out with a 10x8 2-blade, you would get a 9x8 or 9x7 3-blade.
Old 08-02-2003, 03:42 AM
Hi-C

Default e-starter prop

very cool i thnak you i put foam wheels on it tonigth and the prop is a litle close to the ground for my liking. that loosing an inch will help with that a little. And will i loose some efficency by spinning the heavier prop? Or will that be made up for in air volume and less on the throtle?
Old 08-04-2003, 11:03 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default e-starter prop

I really wouldn't consider the few grams difference between the stock 10x8 2-blader and a 9x7 3-blader "heavier..." What I did notice is that the motor spun faster on the same battery, which means the 9x7 propeller is a smaller propeller load. Personally, I liked the way it flew the plane with the 9x7 3-blader.