Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

park 480 screaching sound

Old 10-30-2010, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default park 480 screaching sound

Guys, I`m getting a screaching sound out of my Park 480 occasionally when I floor it from idle..When it does this the prop doesn`t turn and it just make this sound and the only way to stop it is to bring it back to idle and push the throttle up slower...here is my setup... Park 480 with 10x6 MAS prop, towerpro 40A ESC, turnigy 25c 2200ma battery.. that setup pulls about 272 watts..I`m currently using the exact same setup with a turnigy 3536-1100 and it pulls 330 watts on another towerpro 40A esc no problem. any ideas??? thx...Jason
Old 10-30-2010, 11:33 AM

Default RE: park 480 screaching sound

Turnigy engines and speed controllers usually need to have the throttle range set and sometimes the timing must be changed on the ESC.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:53 PM

thanks,, as per your advice I messed with the throttle trim and it went away..Jason
Old 10-31-2010, 09:31 PM

check that..I took it to the field today and it started again...It seems to have something to do with trim or throttle range...I`m using the default timing (low)... and I don`t see how to set the throttle range as the instructions are not very clear ?? I`m using the turnigy programming card. If you bring the throttle on smoothly it doesn`t do it, but if you just punch it the noise occurs..not real safe to fly with as it did it today in flight and it seemed to affect the control surfaces as well.....what am I doing wrong??? Jason
Old 11-01-2010, 07:20 AM

It is most likely a timing problem. If you program your ESC for high timing, the screeching will probably go away. There have been quite a few reports of this happening, and a timing change is usually the cure. It seems to happen to larger, more powerful motors like yours. Good luck with the trouble shooting.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:02 AM

Hey thanks, using the turnigy card I switched the timing to high and it went away...I was attracting a little unwanted attention at that the field with that whole deal last weekend...Jason