Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Towerpro motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 07:06 AM
atomhart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towerpro motor

What makes an outrunner kind of pulse or jiggle, butnot spin? I had a 2410-9T (18a esc) on my slowstick and it quit working mid flight. Only sort of pulsed with throttle.Different batteriesmade no difference (newer G Force 1500's, 30c).Hooked it up to my test system (with a 35a esc, with prop) and it seemed to work fine so Iswapped to a different esc (20a) on the SS and it worked for a few flights.

Then this morning, the motor stopped mid flight (about 10 minutes in, no more than half throttle) and the motor again jiggles with throttle. Hooked the jiggling motor up to mytest system this time andgot more jiggles, no spin. Different esc's, different batteries, different receivers, same motor. Threw a spare 2410 ontothe slowstickwith the same 20a esc andprop and it spins up fine.

Idon't wind my own motors so does this sound likea wiring break or short (the motor only has about3 hours of flight time on it)? Honestly, I have no intention of troubleshootinga motor this cheap to replace but amasking for my own knowledgein troubleshooting.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:06 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Towerpro motor

Sounds like a broken wire to me, but I am no expert. I had that happen on a motor, if I wiggled the wires it would work.

Buzz.