Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Brushless motor selection/replacement - correct?

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Brushless motor selection/replacement - correct?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 08:59 AM
jeremy0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless motor selection/replacement - correct?

Nothing to fascinating here. I've tried to provide links throughout to make things easier. I've had a Dynam Hawk Sky for about a year and I believe the motor needs replacement, maybe the ESC. There's a replacement page available, but Iwant to make sure Iget the right size, if not a tad more powerful. If you click the Spare Parts tab, you'll see this motor listed: Alpha 400 3500kv.

After looking at numerous calculators, I'm a little worried about not getting a good replacement. The rabbit hole has gotten much deeper and more cmoplex. The prop is fine, but I'm willing to replace that if needed. I'd prefer to just throw in the new motor though. Even after visiting a few great websites, I'm still a little confused.

1. Should this motor be okay?
2. If not, any other recommendations in that cheaper price range?

I'm currently using the same Blue Lipo 3-Cell 1800mAh S1P 11.1v 15C LiPo with the OEM ESC, (outrunner brushless motor), and prop.

Thanks so much.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:27 AM
FELIPAO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushless motor selection/replacement - correct?

Use the Turnigy 2836-3700 Kv from HobbyKing, by far the best in the size and much more powerfull