Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

MiniAC

Old 08-17-2003, 11:11 PM
kennydee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MiniAC

I just purchased a miniAC 16 turn motor with the recommended Jeti controller. I want to use this motor on the 14 to 16 ounce fan-fold electrics I'm building. I'm currently flying these planes using the GWS300 C motors and gearboxes. I like the GWS gearboxes because they are fairly easy to mount to the profile style planes I build. The miniAC apparantly works with speed 400 gearboxes. I need suggestions on which inexpensive gearbox I can use with my miniAC. Also, what is the best way to connect the motor to the Jeti Controller(what type of connectors)? I want to set up the motor so it is easy to move it from plane to plane. Help me out Brushless Electric Flyers.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:04 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MiniAC

Hi,

Here is a combination that I used with great results.
  • Mini AC 1215/16 Speed 280-size brushless motor
  • Akro Champion RTF @ 13oz.
  • 3.46:1 MJ gearbox MJ8009
  • Jeti JES 18-3P Sensorless brushless ESC
  • APC 9x6 e-prop or 9x6 slowflyer prop
  • 9.5 amps @ 5200 RPMs
  • 8-cells of 800mAh 5/4AAA NiMH
  • or 3-cell Lipoly pack

Note that the gear ratio will determine the prop size that you want to use on the plane.

Good luck!
Old 08-18-2003, 04:14 PM
sierra gold

Default MiniAC

I "standardized" all my brushless and ESC with MPJ gold 2.5mm plugs. They are good to 25-30 amps.

Good prices here:

http://www.aircraft-world.com/products.asp?id=28&pg=2

They also carry MPJ gear boxes and only get $2.50 for shipping. Takes about a week to West Coast USA.

Sierra Gold
Old 08-19-2003, 09:51 PM
kennydee

Default MiniAC

Thanks guys for the useful info. I also think I've figured out a way to use my GWS 300 gearboxes. This is my first brushless motor and I can't wait to wring it out. My homemade fanfold flys well with the GWS300 motor and gearbox so it should really hum with the brushless.