Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Motor battery and esc for a combat wing

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 07:25 PM
quickwrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor battery and esc for a combat wing

Let me start by saying I have never flown electric r/c and am a bit overwhelmed by all the motor and battery choices. I purchased a Wing Warrier Slayer kit to build with my 8 year old son. I was told to check out Hobby king to purchase the motor ,batteries ,and speed control.The wing calls for a 480 speed motor . I would like it to be fast so I purchased the 5 spar upgrade and also like decent flight times. Has anyone had good luck with the Hobby King motors and what would be recommended. Thanks
Old 08-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: Motor battery and esc for a combat wing

Weekend Warrior
Just maidened my slayer with the 5 spar upgrade. Motor is a brushless Turnigy 2835-3900KV with a 54amp Castle Creations ESC fed by Venom 5400mah 20c lipo. The performance exceeded my expectations. Vertical as far as I can see. Not sure what the top speed is but I would guess in the 100mph range. High speed dives are insane. I have not timed my run times but I am seeing at least ten minutes with lots to spare.
Reviewed by: marco from California. on 2/20/2011

Now if this is to be your first RC aircraft, I doubt that a high speed wing is a suitable first plane... but since you have it I would suggest a lower Kv version of the Turnigy 2835 mentioned in the review.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=5203.... with a 5"-6" prop on 3s it should be okay
Old 08-11-2011, 07:39 PM
quickwrx

Thanks for the reply I have flown turbines to multi engine rc and have flown a combat wing just not with a brushless as for my son I will put dual rate on for him.The turnigy motors are reliable I take it.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Dr Kiwi

With your extensive flying experience you might as well go for a really fast set-up! Turnigy are okay for cheap motors, but if you are serious about it all, I'd buy a bullet-proof Mega!

Something like this?........http://aeromicro.com/Catalog/mega_br..._2_4919694.htm