Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

prop size for Hacker 20L

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 04:29 PM
vascuguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop size for Hacker 20L

I'm converting an old glider to electric power. The only spinner that would fit properly needs Graupner 8mm yoke blades, and finding them in the size range I need is frustrating to say the least. All sources seem to be backordered. I was planning on using a 9 x 6 prop, but the only thing even close that's currently available is an 8 x 5. Will that be too small? I'd just like to get this plane in the air before the end of summer; not so worried about performance as long is it will work without over-reving the motor. Thanks

Old 08-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Dr Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: prop size for Hacker 20L

8x5 will be okay...it can't over-rev! 9x6 would be about as big as you can safely go on 3s anyway.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50782.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1645495